Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyWitch
    yuck!
    I'd never heard of radon before. that's interesting. how does it get into the basement?
    You probably graduated and moved on. Around here, radon is common in the granite structure of the underworld. The gas, normally harmless, can accumulate in an open but close off area – such as a concrete basement, blasted through the granite. Couple of small cracks, and, dee dum. Pay a mortgage there for 30 years, you own the house and you got cancer!
    I'm also very interested in astronomy, nice ideas imagined here. I had never thought what a tidally locked planet might be like to live on...
    So sad. It may have been a suicide unless possibly the person was drunk or high. I can't agree it's "not a bad way to die." I'd rather die of old age in bed while asleep during the night just prior to a priest giving me last rites. If I have to die in a violent way I would hope it would be in the effort toward a good cause, not some meaningless accident.

Nice to see you Cap. Hope things are well.
    Ah, so sad. That happened here about seven or eight years ago. It was a middle school girl. My sons knew her and we heard about it on the evening news. The kids at school speculated that it was suicide, too; and she, too, was wearing headphones as she walked along the track to school one morning. No one could quite believe that she didn't hear or feel something.
    Captain! It's always a pleasure to see one of your blogs.

We didn't play marbles when I was a kid. I guess when you live in Brooklyn, marbles shoot too far on concrete. We played baseball card games, and i remember losing a lot.

It's no exaggeration. I really walked a mile to high school and then back every day.

My wife says i have that same hearing problem. It's a wife thing. Don't fret it.

I was never a Dead fan groing up. You're right they're different from most rock n roll. I do remember really liking Shake Down Street, but that had more of a pop appeal. But I have grown to like a number of their songs as I've discovered them later in life. Sugar Magnolia might be my favorite. Uncle John's Band is really good too. And of course Truckin'. Oh and I really like Touch of Grey; that seems to really speak to me in my age.

Family and friends that have come in and out of our lives are treasures. Life wouldn't have value without them or their memories. One has to be of a certain age (like us) to really know that in one's bones.

You do great, despite your "physical detriment." God continue to give you strength, my friend.
    Hey those are great pictures. I'm glad you could reconnect with an old friend. That's great Capt. Life can be sweet from many perspectives. Make it sweet again. Nice to see you around.
    You fit right in with them! It is so weird to look at pictures of ourselves when young. We are always more beautiful than we imagined at the time.

I hope your overseas friend enjoys the sights. Like you I love experiencing other cultures, and I think it would be a lot of fun to help someone experience mine.

Have fun!
    He'll come back Cap. He's just exploring life as all the young will do. Your bonds of love cannot break; they only stretch until they pull him back to you.
    Yup, that's me the great dad. So great that I came home from being off somewhere to find a note from that little boy. He was sorry, he had to go, he loved me.
    He was 16, and moved in with his 18-year-old girlfriend and never came home.
    Here I am,ah, by myself , talking to myself (a line from Jurassic Park) responding to a post two years old!
    Regarding the little, "kill myself", business... I have no suicidal ideation. It's not even a very funny joke. I just mean that, "this too shall pass", is happening in my life every day. So when the,ah, manure hits the spreader, I just need to pause... wait a bit... God has a plan, things get better.
    Nice way to conclude this. [; But wow, this is so exciting. =D I'm extremely fascinated with astronomy and astrology, so hearing this news really has my head buzzing. And the picture makes it that much easier to imagine it. Thanks for sharing!
    I heard about this too and i did not catch how far it was. 20 light years is not exactly close. I have to say that inter solar system travel is unimaginable with existing technology or any remotely possible technology. I think humanity is doomed in this solar system, which means this planet. Any thing else is just sci-fi imagination. But i could be wrong.
    Informative! You had my imagination fixated for a few minutes.
    God bless you Captain. There are many paths to be blessed. Some obviously we don't wish to take.
    OK, right verge, you are right on -- all I ever was is still in here.
    Hey Capt, wonderlust is a state of mind. It's amazing all we can see through the internet. I know it's tough, but there are still things to count as blessings. The heart still feels for loved ones I hope. I feel for you buddy.
    Isn't that bask? 'preciate the reply.
    Mostly Swedish and English, but I definitely enjoy basquing in the sun. Ha ha
    Wouldn't happen to be Basque might you?
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast