View RSS Feed

Captain Pike's Ship Log II

Day to day entries of note, whether they be simply ramblings and musings or actual projects -- pieces of things I've been working on.

1. More me musing

by , 06-10-2007 at 04:16 PM (Captain Pike's Ship Log II)
    My mother loved baseball. I was a tall, healthy boy, she always wanted me to play Little League. The trouble was, I was kind of spastic and uncoordinated. I went to the tryouts basically unprepared -- if I didn't make a team, well, then at least I would have tried.

I got picked up by the Pirates. I soon found out that the Pirates were a team that seemed to be made up of players that hadn't been picked by other teams. The coach of the Pirates wanted me to play first base. If ...
    Categories
  2. Old habits die hard

by , 06-06-2007 at 07:11 PM (Captain Pike's Ship Log II)
    Today, I received in the mail a case of Autocrat coffee syrup. It came UPS, and I was just delighted to see it arrive. I took out one bottle and put it in the refrigerator, and then stored the rest in it's box down in the basement. This stuff is the state drink of Rhode Island. They make it right in Lincoln, Rhode Island. My friend who's a consulting engineer called me up once from their factory to tell me how delightful it smelled there. He knows I enjoy a good cup of coffee. It's like chocolate ...
    Categories
  3. Dribblings

by , 05-24-2007 at 08:07 PM (Captain Pike's Ship Log II)
    IS IT ALL A LIE?

I look to the distant shore for the answer.
    Perfectly flat, certain, perspective -- NOTHING.
    A lark slices laboriously beyond the Birches.
    A small, tired, winged insect longs to get in.
    My Heart beats slowly, patiently.
    My mind nervously flits to urging tasks undone.
    Discarded paint cans catch my eye.
    Beauty, reflected in their rain polluted brimming.
    A project started, interceded by secret lust.

Categories
  4. Scorching Reflection

by , 05-23-2007 at 07:21 PM (Captain Pike's Ship Log II)
    When I was a kid, my dad was this great big man who seemed to be really smart. I didn't think he was any different than anyone else's dad, at least not until I got a little older. My dad always had a job and always came home at night and always slept with my mom. I never saw him drunk. He never hit my mom. He was never sleeping on the couch when I got up. Nothing like that ever happened.

My father taught me everything I knew about math, science, art and just everyday living. ...
    Categories
  5. A Free Ride

by , 05-17-2007 at 09:57 PM (Captain Pike's Ship Log II)
    This guy picked me up hitchhiking, what a day!

Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:26:29 -0700 (PDT)
    Subject: Re: Hey, thanks....
    To: "Phil a.k.a.Captain Pike

Phil,
    Sounds like that day was truly powerfull on many levels! My friend Rob was on an actual self discovery mission after being released from Pro baseball and having his life pretty much altered, in his eyes the most negative ...
    Categories