View RSS Feed

Captain Pike's Ship Log II

Day to day entries of note, whether they be simply ramblings and musings or actual projects -- pieces of things I've been working on.

1. Chapter 7 -- "Rescued!"

by , 03-17-2008 at 03:34 PM (Captain Pike's Ship Log II)
    Chapter 7 -- "Rescued!"

Anthony woke up in the dark, freezing. He managed to rummage around and find a nice thick sweatshirt. Taking a drink of bottled water, he saw that the sky was clear and it looked as though the stars were hanging down low, relaxed, as if backstage, unobserved, after a tiring performance. Anthony saw the big dipper tipping precariously, well above the horizon. The sea seemed fairly calm and he paddled a bit to rotate his barge. Immediately, a swirling
    Categories
  2. A Past Life... Recaptured!

by , 03-12-2008 at 07:56 PM (Captain Pike's Ship Log II)
    Yesterday, I went in the house that I hadn't been in since I broke my neck three years ago. We had rented the place out when it became obvious I wouldn't be able to get back in to our home: it's a 150-year-old modified cape with lots of passageways and narrow doorways, small stairways are everywhere you look. I had tentatively felt grateful that some "friends" of ours were willing to move right in and pay us rent while little Mrs. wonderful looked for a new house that I could move around ...
    Categories
  3. Chapter 6 -- Camping out

by , 02-20-2008 at 08:08 PM (Captain Pike's Ship Log II)
    Chapter 6 -- Camping out

It was late in August, and very warm and humid. There had been the budding of a plan in Anthony's mind which he had kept well trimmed back, much like the way that a bonsai tree's roots are trimmed to affect miniaturization. He now allowed this concept to sprout unmolested. It was a natural progression; the extension of a train of thought which was already gaining much momentum.

It was nearly noon by the time he coasted away from the beach
    Categories
  4. Chapter 5 -- The Barge

by , 02-13-2008 at 04:50 PM (Captain Pike's Ship Log II)
    Chapter 5 -- The Barge

Anthony always loved the sounds and smell of the big barn where they conducted the boat building school. Today, most of the sound came from a fellow wearing a mask who was hard at work with a high-speed grinding tool, sanding away on the hull of a large sailboat. This craft looked odd propped up all around by crutch-like supports -- the tremendous, deep keel, now completely ineffectual, jutted down, a total liability for this boat's dry land stability. There
    Categories
  5. Comfort from the afterworld?

by , 02-12-2008 at 05:09 PM (Captain Pike's Ship Log II)
    I'm feeling a lot better now. Little Mrs. Wonderful has found a five-bedroom house. And I am up, out of bed, even showered. I never even got up yesterday. This is not a good thing. My boy is back in school.

It's almost like, it is like... the sun has come out. Then she came home from the weekend, alas the bliss of ignorance, interrupted. Mend and heal or congeal; that's what I agreed to when I made this deal!

There's no sinful or sneaky obsession going on here ...
    Categories
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast