View RSS Feed

Joreads

1. What on Earth are they thinking!!

It is summer here in the Great Brown Land that is Australia, already this year we have had, here in the east ten days with temperatures over 30OC (86OF – Virgil I remembered this time!). In fact yesterday at 6:30pm it was still 38oC outside (100OF). Temperatures like that guarantee a few things one of which is bushfires. Bushfires have been blazing in Victoria for the last week and people’s homes have been lost, though thankfully no lives and given the great work our firefighters are renound ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Volunteers

It is Sunday afternoon here and I have just come home for the beach. There was a surf life saving regatta on today, men, women and children of all ages competing in a triathlon.

Nothing to special about that – well apart from the fact that for the last month there has been a spate of shark sighting and attacks in the Illawarra. There were two attacks alone last week. Yet not one of these volunteers’ life savers hesitated for even a second to run into the water this morning sharks ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. My First Blog

I have never blogged before so I thought I would try my hand at it so here we go.

It is 11am as I sit here and write and it is almost impossible to believe but today is hotter than yesterday 37oc at this time of the day is nuts. We have had a run on days above 30 and it is starting to wear me out. The heat plays havoc on my sleep which then plays havoc on my migraines, I am on my third one this week!!

For those of you that don’t know I am a Twilight nut, really I ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12