View RSS Feed

the ocean always dreamed blue dreams

1. Pale fragment of face jostled

by , 01-23-2011 at 02:53 AM (the ocean always dreamed blue dreams)
    they came in the night and stole my beauty
    ah, they took my beauty
    with careless hands
    my insides shiny globules of fat
    sliding through their
    insouciant fingers
    my enlightenment
    sliding through the wormhole
    past eons
    feeling the sun rising
    like revenant salt crystals
    caught in my throat

pale fragment of face
    jostled in the multitude
    amorphous love
    a molecule too large
    to fit into ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Virgin Suicides

by , 01-22-2011 at 10:04 PM (the ocean always dreamed blue dreams)
    Following is a second book from my list of unfinished books I started in 2010.

The Virgin Suicides

Their names were
    Cecilia, Lux, Bonnie, Mary, and Therese, and they were destined, like Peter Pan, never to grow up.

They lived and died
    in the novel "The Virgin Suicides" by Jeffrey Eugenides, which covers the last year of their lives in the upscale community of Grosse Point, Michigan. Adolescence is a strange time. Your body is not your own any ...

Updated 01-23-2011 at 03:05 AM by qimissung

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Sunday morning 3 a.m.

by , 01-13-2011 at 11:26 PM (the ocean always dreamed blue dreams)
    I watched a couple of movies over the weekend. On Saturday I watched a movie that I found very deeply affecting called "4 months, 3 weeks and 2 days," a Romanian movie about two girls attempting to obtain an abortion for one of them during the last days of the Ceausescu era. The dialog was so naturalistic, and what those girls went through. There was a great deal of tension, but they got through it OK, not without some emotional scars beyond the actual experience itself.

Updated 01-13-2011 at 11:34 PM by qimissung

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Heart of Darkness

by , 01-09-2011 at 05:08 PM (the ocean always dreamed blue dreams)
    Following is one of the books on my list of unfinished books of 2010. I am proud to say that I did return and finish "Heart of Darkness" by Joseph Conrad and enjoyed it very much. It is a full, rich book. I have to say in my defense of this particular book that I stopped reading it due to events in my life, not because it was difficult or did not hold my attention. Herewith my review of the book.

This small book was written as an allegory to the human heart. I think ...

Updated 01-09-2011 at 09:49 PM by qimissung

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Janus

by , 01-02-2011 at 04:23 PM (the ocean always dreamed blue dreams)
    According to Wikipedia, Janus is the god of gates, doors, doorways, beginnings, endings, and time. He is "usually depicted as having two heads, facing opposite directions; one head looks back at the last year while the other looks forward to the new, simultaneously into the future and the past." He is a good god to remember as we start a new year.

I read somewhere that time exists only so that everyting doesn't happen at once. What a marvelous invention! I have always ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast