View RSS Feed

Paulclem

1. Cycle Paths, Dual Carriageways and Oncoming Traffic

Last night I was teaching in a school a few miles away from where I live, but before I started I had to drop off some paperwork at one of our administrative centres in the south of Coventry - the other side of the city.

I dutifully studied the map, it's always a little urban adventure to try to navigate around unfamiliar roads to a schedule, and I like to find new routes and see new places. So all I had to do was to cycle south and join the A45 and travel west towards my teaching ...

Updated 11-25-2010 at 07:25 PM by Paulclem

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Moonlight Sonata 14th November 1940

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...z-2130231.html
    http://www.historiccoventry.co.uk/blitz/stats.php

On the 14th November 1940, Coventry was bombed by the Luftwaffe, who were trying to destroy the industrial capacity of the City. Over 500 people died and there were many casualties. This year, the 70th anniversary of the raid, coincides with Remembrance Sunday.
    The City, which had been blacked out, was located ...

Updated 11-14-2010 at 07:53 PM by Paulclem

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. November 5th 2010

It's that time of year again: when it rains copiously, the dog goes mad twitching between barking anger and fear, and half the population blow their well earned cash on the dubious celebration that is Bonfire Night. I say half the population - a quarter will sensibly wait for a drier night, and the other quarter are in comforting the dog and mopping up pee because the dog won't venture into the explosive environment.

I must confess that Bonfire Night was a great celebration when ...

Updated 11-06-2010 at 02:07 PM by Paulclem

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Oxford

Last Saturday I went on a trip to Oxford, and was able to have a good wander around the city. It’s a great place; so full of leafy courtyards, towers and spires that I wanted to photograph every other building. They are all so old and photogenic, it is hard to take a bad photo, though I did manage a few.

[IMG][/IMG]

We sat for coffee in the old market house, with its wooden ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Old Music is like a sweet smell

Are there certain records you heard years ago that sometimes you hear and it takes you right back to those times? You never found out what the song or group was, and so when you finally hear it, you are there in the past?

I have a number that are like this, but of course I won’t remember until I hear them again. The problem in the past was that it was virtually impossible to find out the name of the song or group you liked until you heard it again and asked. The internet has changed ...

Updated 09-15-2010 at 07:30 PM by Paulclem

Categories
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast