View RSS Feed

Paulclem

1. James Starley. Who?

[IMG][/IMG]

“Who indeed?” I wondered, as I first saw quite an elegant marble monument located on the edge of the City Centre. It’s positioned at the end of a Georgian terrace of estate agents and solicitors which borders the ring road, but which overlooks the pretty Greyfriars Green.

[IMG][/IMG]

The lawns ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Rubbish, enviromesh and a picture of my butt

Before

[IMG][/IMG]

After

[IMG][/IMG]

Yes, I have been busy digging up the matted grass and carpet that have clothed the new allotment this summer. We have cleared a lot of rubbish to the top of the allotment.

[IMG][/IMG] ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. A funny thing happened the other day.

I was reading a book I’ve just reviewed:

http://www.online-literature.com/for...ad.php?t=54852

which is about a Red Army correspondent Vasily Grossman. He covered the conduct of the war against Nazi Germany including Stalingrad.

I had bought the book as a companion read to Anthony Beevor’s Stalingrad – you know when Amazon recommends books often bought with others - which I have also reviewed:

http://www.online-literature.com/for...ad.php?t=54830 ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. A New Project

The allotment is coming on nicely. We’ve had some of the first early potatoes, and I’m now harvesting broad beans and radishes. The sweetcorn is looking very healthy and the runner beans are at the top of the canes.

The first crop

We have put in three kinds of courgette ,(zucchini), yellow globes, green globes and the usual ones. The globe ones are nice roasted, ...

Updated 07-19-2010 at 06:58 PM by Paulclem

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Godiva Festival

The weekend before last was the Godiva Festival in Coventry. It consists of a procession through town that ends in the Memorial Park just outside the City Centre. There is then a music festival over a couple of days which has grown in recent years.

The procession was nice to look at, and had the usual floats and bands passing by.

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast