View RSS Feed

Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia

description

1. Merry Christmas

by , 12-27-2008 at 05:46 PM (Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia)
    Belatedly wishing all a Merry Christmas. For me, the holiday was a bit of a mess, but I won't bore you with all the bad stuff. Just hope that all of my friends, my on-line nieces and nephews had a wonderful time. Always enjoy the time you spend with friends and family, you never know exactly when one will be missing the next go-round. God bless you every one.

Pen
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Wild Times at the Shop

by , 12-04-2008 at 03:36 PM (Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia)
    Wild times hit the old shop yesterday evening. The company cut-up was doing his usual routine of harassing a fellow worker. He delightfully refers to himself as the company smart***. His girlfriend says that is part of his charm.

Bear in mind that this was all being done as a joke.

The co-worker had sold him a 16 gig flash drive, which actually shows as 14.9, which is perfectly normal. But the cut-up told Mr. Touchy that as it wasn’t exactly a 16 gig drive, the co-worker ...

Updated 12-05-2008 at 12:45 AM by Pendragon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Little Shop of....Kids?

by , 11-19-2008 at 06:47 PM (Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia)
    I work with a gang here that are very good friends. I will be 48 on Monday, the boss is 45, the other two guys are in their 30’s and 40’s. The lady is 65. Nice bunch of adults, correct? Wrong!

The way we pick on each other and throw anything from paper to fountain pens, (one guy made a crossbow that fires bamboo skewers!) is way out and wild. Shadow boxing, putting snow down each other’s backs; a million and one pranks in a day.

And the sweet Lord help the ...

Updated 11-19-2008 at 06:51 PM by Pendragon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. More Computer Shop Woes

by , 11-15-2008 at 01:47 PM (Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia)
    Yesterday was billing day for the ISP services. The lady who usually does this had to have major surgery, so two of us were “trained” to do the billing. I was one of the unlucky pair.

It’s funny, years ago this used to be my job, and I knew exactly how to do everything. I had to leave for some years because of my health, and now everything has changed. I still went to work will a will, trying to figure out what in heaven’s name I was doing.

I e-mailed out the bills, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Computer Shop Woes

by , 11-13-2008 at 11:38 AM (Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia)
    Working here at the computer store is an interesting hobby, and for a disabled man like myself, a ray of sunshine in a dark world. I can work here and they fully understand my limitations, and then work with me as I endeavor to climb that mountain that all depressed people know so very well.

I have my moments when I wonder exactly what is going on with the minds of our customers. We do get our share of the odd and outré.

Take, for example, our first customer ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast