View RSS Feed

No Limits on Imagination!

Temp: A Deal Made In Heaven

Rate this Entry
Okay, I really was debating on whether I should post this story or not, but...I just made up my mind to post the Prologue and see what you think.

Okay, so the title of the blog is "Temp: A Deal Made in Heaven" because I'm still not sure whether or not I like that name for the story...so beware, the title of this is subject to change.

Okay, without further ado...
__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Prologue

Before our time…
Before this world even existed…
The mother of all living things gave birth to twins.
Although they shared the same face, their features could only be described as opposites. One had the palest blue eyes and paler white hair, and to contradict that, the other had the most darkest hair, his eyes, if possible, were darker.
The only thing they inherited from their mother was their fascination with creating. But that was there that their paths went different ways.
Aj, the fair-headed of the twins, a gentle, kind one, delighted in all things beautiful. Beautiful song, beautiful things to look upon. He became infatuated with creating it, making all that he had beautiful.
Zin, on the other hand, loved destruction. He liked to watch things break down, loved the chaos it influenced, as well as creating that chaos.
When their mother believed them old enough to take car of themselves, she called them to her.
"My sons. I believe it's time I attempted my masterpiece. If anything should go awry, I leave all things to you to take care of. Peace be in you."
Those were her last words to them both. She worked, and exhausted herself, putting all that she had into creating her masterpiece, until she believed it perfect.
She created a place for them, calling it earth.
And with her last ounce of her soul, she breathed life into her creation.
The twins found her lifeless form, with two living organisms in her hand.
Aj took them, creating a garden on Mother's earth to place them on. He named them Humana, after Mother, and watched over them, like his mother had asked .
Humana grew in size, spreading and filling the space Mother provided them.
Soon, Humana changed their name to human, and they forgot who created them. They grew and finally, they decided they needed no one to protect them. Although Aj did still watch over them, he stayed hidden, trying his best to stop his brother from destroying them.
For many year this went on. Soon, Aj decided to create something to protect the humans, which became his master creation. When he was finished, he decided to call them angels. He gave them beautiful faces, so as not to frighten to the humans. He also gave them wings to fly humans to safety, if ever needed. The last ability he gave angels was the ability to disappear to watch over the humans without scaring them.
Zin looked at his brother’s master creation and laughed. “Always loved a challenge.” Aj’s master creation prompted Zin’s own, and he created what was later called demons.
The demons fought against angels, but they also tried their best to create chaos throughout Mother’s earth.
This carried on for years to come, until Aj was fed up. He called his brother to him.
“Zin., this must stop!” He said once he was sitting.
Zin sat back. “Oh, but brother, I’m having too much fun.”
“Do not call me brother! I disown someone as evil as you.”
“But you are my brother. Mother said so herself.” He studied his fingers.
“Cease with this. I did not call you to banter with you. This destruction madness needs to stop, Zin.”
“But this game is fun brother.”
“You are receiving your pleasure at what expense? Do you not see that you have already destroyed much of the offspring of mother’s creation? And not only them, what of your own creation, twin? They have hearts!”
Zin raised an eyebrow. “Hearts? My creations? No who speaks the untruth? My creations harbor nothing but destruction.”
“And what of passion? Do they not have that?”
“They have a passion to destroy. Nothing else.”
“You are wrong, Zin.”
“Ah, but I should know my own creations, don‘t you think?”
“If you believe that your creations cannot harbor something like love, then I have to disagree with you.”
Zin’s malicious smile appeared. “I believe we have a bet on our hands, brother.” He looked at Aj pas steepled fingers.
Aj scowled. “I have agreed to no such thing.”
“But you have not heard the rewards yet.” Aj remained silent. “If you lose brother, then I shall have all your angel creations to do with what I will-”
“Outrageous!” Aj roared.
“And if I lose…” Zin trailed off. Silence followed.
“And if you lose?” Aj asked irritably.
“I’ll give you my demon creatures.”
“I don’t need your bloody creations.”
“I’ll become your servant.”
“Neither do I want to see your face on a regular basis!”
“Alright brother, what would suit you then?”
Aj’s brow furrowed in thought. “How about if I win, you shall give up your power in producing life. You’ll have to live as an offspring of mother’s creation.”
Zin contemplated, then slowly smiled. “Deal. Here’s the bet. I’ll make my demon, you make your angel. If my demon destroys your pretty little angel, then I win. If my demon goes against his purpose and falls in love with the angel, you win.”
Aj gave a short nod. “Rules. Neither of us can intervene in neither of their lives. And they carry out this…mission on Mother’s earth. Agreed?”
Zin thought it over. “Agreed.”
“Then it’s a deal…brother.”

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

So? What do you think? I will carry on with this depending on the comments.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Oh do carry on! I can feel a great love story coming, exactly of the kind I would like to read. I can already anticipate the romantic tension.
    The story is rather old fashioned, but it is pretty good so far. The idea of opposite twin Gods is very traditional, as in the case of Chernobog and Bielobog (AKA Yemos and Mannus); they have been battling each other since they were created by Dyeus Pater, and they might be his first creations, from the time before he invented the different sexes, so he was both mother and father of those, Perkwernos, and Dherghom Mater. I believe that there were twinned opposites in other religions, but I can only think of the Indo-Europeans right now. They are uncles of Ekwamedha.

You might want to set this later and use Earth as the specific setting. Any time and place would be fine, but I think that it would be more entertaining, if you set it in the recent past, so that the twins wil have had plenty of time to get sick of each other. I think thatit would be better, if you did not include that bit about this being their Mother's mistresswork, since she is still playing around, and Earth is only one of a great many planets whereh she might appear. In adition, there ate other Gods and Goddesses that can create things.

As for the rest of the story, "love conquers all", so Aj will win, but finding out the details of the victory of love is the joy in such stories. You mkight want to leave the parts that Yemos and Mannos played in the sotory out of the beginning and just have them throw some slurs at eac other after love wins.

Every story needs more editing. Few are completely edited before publication.

So go ahead and post the rest. It might be very good.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterL
    The story is rather old fashioned, but it is pretty good so far. The idea of opposite twin Gods is very traditional, as in the case of Chernobog and Bielobog (AKA Yemos and Mannus); they have been battling each other since they were created by Dyeus Pater, and they might be his first creations, from the time before he invented the different sexes, so he was both mother and father of those, Perkwernos, and Dherghom Mater. I believe that there were twinned opposites in other religions, but I can only think of the Indo-Europeans right now. They are uncles of Ekwamedha.

You might want to set this later and use Earth as the specific setting. Any time and place would be fine, but I think that it would be more entertaining, if you set it in the recent past, so that the twins wil have had plenty of time to get sick of each other. I think thatit would be better, if you did not include that bit about this being their Mother's mistresswork, since she is still playing around, and Earth is only one of a great many planets whereh she might appear. In adition, there ate other Gods and Goddesses that can create things.

As for the rest of the story, "love conquers all", so Aj will win, but finding out the details of the victory of love is the joy in such stories. You mkight want to leave the parts that Yemos and Mannos played in the sotory out of the beginning and just have them throw some slurs at eac other after love wins.

Every story needs more editing. Few are completely edited before publication.

So go ahead and post the rest. It might be very good.
    Ah! Ekwamedha! From your story! Cool backround information Peter! TY.
    I plan on the actual setting being in the more modern times, so don't worry. You are absolutely right about Aj winning, but most people would know that i they read enough books, what should be interesting is how love goes about winning this situation.
    This is going to be interesting because I have some plans for Aj and Zin, but you gave me a good idea with Mother!

I guess you will be surprised at the way this story goes, but I hope you like the story Peter!
    Updated 07-07-2010 at 02:40 AM by Beautifull
    Quote Originally Posted by mrv
    Oh do carry on! I can feel a great love story coming, exactly of the kind I would like to read. I can already anticipate the romantic tension.
    Yes! So sit back and chillax! lol.
    The great thing about the eternal battle between Chernobog and Bielobog is that each has the upper hand part of the time, and I think that's the righ way to do it; neither side should have a complete victory. But, then again, your characters are not the archetypes that Chernobog and Bielobog are.

The more I think of it, the more I wonder what you take is.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterL
    The great thing about the eternal battle between Chernobog and Bielobog is that each has the upper hand part of the time, and I think that's the righ way to do it; neither side should have a complete victory. But, then again, your characters are not the archetypes that Chernobog and Bielobog are.

The more I think of it, the more I wonder what you take is.
    I'm sort of glad that you don't know right off the bat their characters...and in some ways, I think you will be satisfied how I make this turn out...if I can make it that far. I promise to give this story my complete best. For the sake of this story I have in my world.