View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Two Weeks of Additional Silence

by , 03-13-2016 at 05:54 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    For those anxiously awaiting the next part of my Christmas stories I laugh because no one really cares and that’s fine. I’m trying to avoid eye strain for about two weeks. I finally got round to making an optician appointment. I’d been putting it off but recently it’s gotten worse. Results are just as I expected. Short sightedness is exactly the same. Astigmatism has worsened. It’s hardly surprising. As new lenses are expensive I decided to put up with the minor change in my eyes last year. ...

Updated 03-13-2016 at 06:00 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Republican Death Throes

by , 03-09-2016 at 07:47 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    It been clear for several years ago that the Republican Party was destroying itself, but the exact reasons and method were unclear.

As the 2016 presidential election draws near the reasons have become clearer. It seems that there are two Republican parties; there is the pro-business, militaristic party that has been around for a few decades. This is the party that Nixon largely created from the agrarian party, the party of Lincoln, that had existed since 1860. The older version ...

Updated 03-11-2016 at 08:52 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. what I'm reading

"The First Men in the Moon" and other misc. works by H.G. Wells.
    Categories
  4. Which Beliefs?

by , 03-06-2016 at 10:40 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I just made the mistake of clicking on a suggested video on YouTube; it is about strange religions. Just before that I watched one about secret societies. These were very inspiring. Most of the secret societies aren’t secret; although a few were interesting in times past, especially the Knights Templar.

The Templars have certainly created a long lasting stir. They were controversial eight hundred years ago, and they still are, but they were dissolved, and in many cases killed. The ...

Updated 03-06-2016 at 10:42 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. How was my Christmas?

by , 02-29-2016 at 02:36 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    So. I’m back online. Not that I was ever actually offline. I finally gave in and created a Microsoft account, more fuss than it needed to be, and now I’m giving Office a one month trial. I don’t really see the point of the newer things. I only really use Word but never mind. I’ve put in a request for Office for my birthday so we’ll see how it goes. If It doesn’t then I’ll just have to get it myself at some point.

So. How was my Christmas? Well. Steadily fading from memory. The run ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized