View RSS Feed

title

Even the eyes...

Rate this Entry
Even the eyes transcend a momentary cause…
a haze, as if the vast boundlessness
of fields were her.

(It would seem so)

The way the bedclothes slid away
and left her body bare,
a peach-touched texture,
nonspecific, gaining softer
against the soft lit air,

or how the greenery and sky
uplifts her hair, caressing softly
there and there.

She, like an Atmosphere of Land in part,
beside a bedroom abrupt and distinct

(in me)
Categories

Comments

Hey, I like this a lot ktd. Is it complete or a segment? It has a lot of potential.
    Virgil,

Thanks for showing interest in my blog.:) I never know if my works are ever 'done.' I'm hesistant to post my own thoughts as to what I was trying to accomplish in this poem for it would ruin it for the reader. So send me a pm or reply in my blog if you would like to read my thoughts, Virgil.
    ktd, that's a nice poem! i like its structure and you know, it made me smile, you know, one of those sentimental smiles....
    Yelena,

Thanks for liking it.
    I wrote this poem in response to the image at this link: http://www.online-literature.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17115&page=12
    Oh...You sweet talker you.
    I read this fresh after reading your open-hearted response to my "Passing the Salt" so I might be somewhat influenced in favour of this poem, but honestly I don't think so but I do see in this something I aimed for in my poem: the sense of unedited, unmediated, direct talk. I love this poem and will be reading your others later.
    To Prince:

What a suprise, a comment! I don't check my blog too often, unless I have something to post, but it was definitely a pleasant suprise to see you liked this poem of mine. I actually don't post many of my poems online at all, so what you read is actually from the poetry contest and other contests conducted on this site.
    This poem actually took only 15 minutes or so to write; so it's quite raw, still - no editing - same as the other two poems posted. I'm glad you sensed in my writing an "unedited, unmediated, direct talk", because that's one thing I aim for in my writing: a simple, straightforward progression that speaks(even involves) to reader in its conversation.
    I just have to add that I'm glad their is little of your work's influence in my writing. That's the way it should be. I adjusted myself so I could see what you were trying to accomplish in your poem.