Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021

Thread: From The Sports Desk

Now that I’m back up to speed unicycling, I’m thinking of growing a handlebar mustacheo, donning a bowler and buying a high-wheel bike, a Penny-Farthing. I haven’t seen my orthopedist in a while. Going “superman” on one of those things will definitely leave a mark.
    Uhhhh...

when I was in undergrad we had a guy on campus who used to unicycle around. we had a small, but pretty steep hill in the middle of campus. I don't think he was able to ride up it, but I have a vague memory of his being able to ride down it.

a video inspired by your narrative (I love family guy):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7Kad9O9Ps8

and this is fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixO5j8mfrwM

on the topic cycling---my goodness is tadej pogacar laying waste to the field in the giro d'italia.

ive also been able to enjoy the tour of Hungary going on at the same time. I don't like the irish commentator but I thought you might enjoy this particular clip---the videography is varied and fantastic.

https://tiz-cycling.io/video/tour-of...-10-km/?tape=3

if you watch it, fast forward to ~8:30 remaining and watch until the end of the sprint.
    Last edited by bounty; 05-12-2024 at 02:51 PM.

the ending of today's giro:

https://tiz-cycling.io/video/giro-di...-15-km/?tape=2

if you want it to be briefer, the relevant starting point is ~11:30 until the end.

(I don't like the irish commentator here either, and its sean Kelly for goodness sake!)

will he stay away or get caught?

Hahaha.

I expressly said — no rakes!

I bet'cha try to stand in the peddles on that thing and it'll result in an immediate face plant. Talk about a forward CG.

Great rider though, Sean Kelly. Condolences to anybody who tries to call a bike race in the shadow of Phil Liggett.
    Uhhhh...

I doubt i'll be able to get an nbc stream for the tour de france, and if that ends up being the case, I am going to miss phil liggett. every year its like catching up with an old friend and im always saddened by the tours ending because it'll be another year before he's back.

I’m looking forward to the tour this year. I kinda feel like I know what's going on in the cycling world since we’ve got this thread going.

Concerning sports and algorithms, ever since I bought that unicycle on Amazon, I’ve been getting suggestions from them — You may like…knee pads, elbow pads, and juggling balls. They oughta toss in Bandaids and Neosporin.
    Uhhhh...

that's funny...

I haven't watched all day every day but the giro has been great to watch. I love cycling and watching bike racing for all sorts of reasons, one of them are the combination views of the riders and the terrain and how nifty they can be. I took a couple screen shots yesterday and one today (this one looks almost like it could be from the lord of the rings.

Capture.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    Capture3.jpg

im hard pressed to see vingegaard being back in top form for the tour, maybe, otherwise, pogacar is in a league by himself and it'll be fun to watch that.

and some random explosive dominance from van der poel too.
    Last edited by bounty; 05-16-2024 at 06:22 PM.

Good pics. It almost looks like the peloton is on top of the train in the second one. Have you ever been on the sub-reddit “confusing perspective.”?
    Uhhhh...

the giro has had that pink train following along in at least a few different stages. im guessing it must be filled with some celebs and dignitary types.

one of the other aspects about the sport I really like is its a procession of sorts.

no, but ive seen those types of photos and collections before. am enjoying site right now...photography is a pretty neat art in that regard.

today's a humongous day in the giro---massive amounts of climbing, and a mountain top finish after two back to back category 1 climbs.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021