Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The most beautiful thing said to you

Talking

Shake-speare.. ah, that is truly cool. Do you smoke a pipe, Helga? Oeh, I just love it when people have something that distuingishes them (ehm, hard word to spell..not 'them' of course ).

About wonderful things being said to me: once a boy said to me "I do not think you are a Bianca.. you look more like an Annouchka to me." I have no idea whether he meant it as a compliment or not. He never explained his comment... but as it so happens I love the name Annouchka.. and I always picture a strong, interesting person when I hear that name. So I was truly moved.
    Our lives are better left to chance.
    I could have missed the pain,
    but then I'd have had to miss the dance

Garth Brooks

loquacious cat mrawr
    i was at a pink floyd concert, and was "grooving" to one of my favourite songs, when a completely random girl detaches herself from her boyfriend, clambers towards me through the masses of people, prods me and shouts over the music "tu es tres joli!" and then walked back giving me a smile... i was strangely touched by that...
    once my teacher told my dear concerned mother not to worry, with her daughter, only positive things would transpire, and that phrase has always stuck with me...

Blog Entries
    what does tu es tres joli! mean?
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

that means 'you're cute/nice(in the physical sense)/pretty' in French... I think it's not just about being beautiful but charming as well...after all it can be said of places too...
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

Filler Filler

---------
    Last edited by Pensive; 01-08-2007 at 06:07 AM.
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

Someone once said this to me--"You're worth having and loving" umm..I think that it counts.
    Last edited by Youmei; 09-18-2005 at 11:33 AM.

i have a new one recently my daughter told me "mommy you're the best" somehow what she thinks of me is all that matters to me. people can compliment all day long but the only one that matters to me is my daughter's. I guess its because I didnt have any real parents growing up and to know that I am doing a good job is great.

I'm a shadow of myself adilyoussef's Avatar
    Last year when I was waiting for the result of my writing exam, and got a good mark on it, my teatcher told me this: "I advise you to read more." I know that it looks strange that this is the most beautiful thing said to me. But I still remember those words for they helped me a lot in my studies.

Oh! life you'r but hell
    Oh! hell you'r but in me
    When I'v lost your love
    I'm lost in an ocean of destiny

re: The Late Peter Jennings

I realize the question of this thread regards the nicest thing anyone ever said to me. However, I cannot help but think of the documentary/tribute to the late Peter Jennings which I saw recently. One newscaster who worked for him, related an anecdote about how meticulous Peter Jennings was with each and every news story, editing it heavily. But once, only once, this newscaster handed him a story, and Peter Jennings handed it back and said, "This is fine, run it just as it is" (with no corretions). The newscaster held back tears as he related this. Peter Jennings was a legend, and I guess, when a legend tells you, just once, that you are "O.K.", well, that is very special.

One time when I was much younger, I impressed my older sister by repeating some fact--some fact she did not think someone my age would have known--and she complimented me. I responded, "Hey, I'm not as dumb as I look, you know."

"No," my sister agreed, "Nobody could be that dumb."

"If it is honorable for you to disturb the dead, I shall consider it an honor and will make it my ambition to disturb your living." - Captain Miles Hazzard

I'm a shadow of myself adilyoussef's Avatar
    As I had nothing to do, I went through all the posts posted here in this thread. Surprised, I felt somthing changing in my face. Yes, it was a smile!

Oh! life you'r but hell
    Oh! hell you'r but in me
    When I'v lost your love
    I'm lost in an ocean of destiny

No A Smile? *mouth's hanging open in astonishment*
    I have a plan: attack!

One of the most amazing people I've ever known wrote me a poem once, and in it he said:

"For I'd give up anything just to hear her smile, and I do hear it when she smiles...sad though it may be, it's all worth it, just to hear her say...I love you."

Not a lot that can top that for me.

Blog Entries
    The most beautiful that someone said to me was probably one time when I was playing with this cute little plushy rabbit-like thing on the bus. All of a sudden, someone near me said: "You are freaky". I know he didn't mean it as a compliment but it made me feel really happy

The next best thing is my smallest sister tells me all the time: "You're the bestest sister in the world"- I know that she's trying to get something from me.... but still

Blog Entries
    "You are a very traditional person, not like other people"

and then the sage advice of my grandfather, passed to my father, passed to me:

"nerves should not affect you, when they do, take them, put them on a string, and drop them in your pocket."

That has been my moto, since it was told to me, seared on my brain for eternity.

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem
    1921 - 2006, Rest In Peace.
    "Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast