Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

View Poll Results: What did you want to be "when you grew up"?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Religious Worker (Pastor, Elder, Monk, etc)

6 6.06%
  • Historian (archaeologists, etc.)

10 10.10%
  • Doctor or Professor/Scientist (dentists, vets, etc)

27 27.27%
  • Farmer (Field worker)

2 2.02%
  • Teacher (of any sort)

14 14.14%
  • Community Worker (Policemen, Firemen, Rehabilitation Worker)

6 6.06%
  • Public Speaker (President, Lawyer, Judge, etc)

10 10.10%
  • Office Worker (Accountant, Clerk)

1 1.01%
  • Businessman (or woman)

2 2.02%
  • Others (Please Specify)

36 36.36%
  • Military

5 5.05%
  • Performing Artist

16 16.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you want to be when you were little?

Fresh, Fair and Innocent Adelheid's Avatar

Cool What did you want to be when you were little?

I thought that since so many polls were set up by different people to know a bit more about the users of this friendly website, I thought perhaps one more may do no harm, and fulfill it's purpose at the same time.

Maybe some of you think back with fond memories of the childhood you had, or maybe of the daydreams you had of what you would have liked to become "when you grew up". Many kids ask that question today. It would be interesting to find out from each of you what you dreamed of. And perhaps it might help some poor kid who chances upon this website... Perhaps too, some of you might happen upon some goodly advice which you feel would have benefitted you had you known it before- post it too!

Could you please share with everyone what you wanted to be when you were little? Maybe, if you liked, you could also add whether that came true in your case, or whether you're still reaching that goal, or you have completely swung from that dream in the course of your life, and found something else that interested you better.

I have set up a poll that only includes different work ideas in the most general of terms, so feel free to write and specify.
    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed." Romans 10:9-11

I know that there are many more professions and careers available.... and no space for all of them. Here are 2 more I should have put up...

~Performing Artists
    ~Military Service (which most boys would have chosen)
    ~Writer

So even if yours is not on the list, please, please do let us all know....
    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed." Romans 10:9-11

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    I wanted to become a teacher; it felt only natural because my mother was one. During highschool I had a brief 'fling' with chemistry (which came to an abrupt end when I started taking Organic Chemistry!) but I have always wanted to teach.

I am one of those lucky people who have realised their career dreams, I guess!

PS: Adelheid, I have edited the poll for you to add other options.
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Thanks, Scheherazade! I'm grateful...

I've wanted to be a police officer with the RCMP since I was nine years old.
    Just give me a few more years and I'll be there =)
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.

E. F. Schumacher

now then ;)
    Blog Entries
    I voted for other because there is only one thing I have ever wanted to do, manage Glasgow Rangers Football Club. All jobs I will ever have in my life are only to make money, not to fulfill any dream.
    I have begun coaching kids soccer teams now instead, as it is the closest I will ever get.
    There once was a scotsman named Drew
    Who put too much wine in his stew
    He felt a bit drunk
    And fell off his bunk
    And landed smack into his shoe
    ~(C) Ms Niamh Anne King

I remember I wanted to be a musician and a doctor, I'm not sure which came first though. I quit wanting to be a doctor when I saw another persons blood and it skeeved me out. I don't know why I stopped wanting to be a musician, I have considered buy a drum set but that's on hold also since I am now living in a apartment...
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Oh when I was at kindergarten I was sure I wanted to become a painter, which in later years, let's say from 7 to 10/11, modified into wanting to become a fashion designer. After that I soon realised that I really CAN'T draw, I really have no skills at all, and I have troubles even in drawing the simplest thing, and at school when we had art and had to draw my marks were a tragedy Also about the fashion designer, well I have very little esthetic sense and until a few years ago I couldnt care less about what I was wearing, providing it was jeans and a tshirt... LOL it's funny to look back on this things now.
    (btw how does painter classify in the poll?)

Later on, when I was 16-17 I decided I wanted to become a journalist... For a while I sort of pursued the dream but then I kinds gave up, I dont think I have the active personality to do that kind of job... I sometimes think that maybe one day I could somehow get a job involved with journalism if life leads me that way, but I'm not dreaming anymore of being the special reporter writing from the other side of the world...
    Or a translator, but it's such a hard consuming job, I'm a perfectionist in that and in the little experiences I've had it felt so... I don't know, terribly hard. Though that's a way that's still open.

Now I have no clue what I want to be, which is the funniest thing when you're a few months away from graduation
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

~*Dolly Masquerade*~ RococoLocket's Avatar
    I don't know what to choose in the poll, I wanted to be a vet, ballerina, paleontologist, TV presenter & Hollywood actress. I'm still changing my mind with my mood now!

When I was little I always had the desire to be a lawyer involved in politics. Heh, that's actually still my career plan. Once I get out of high school and get my degree in political science, I'll be off to law school.
    Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever...

ballerina
    You find Italian in the most incredible places, I don't want to think of the way you pronounce it...
    I had never heard it before, is the word used in England?

Anyway, I chose Scientist, but, if a warfare breaks out, be sure I'll try to conquer the world, someway......

~*Dolly Masquerade*~ RococoLocket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos
    You find Italian in the most incredible places, I don't want to think of the way you pronounce it...
    Ballerina as in the type of dancer? Yes it is used in England. Erm I guess we pronounce it kinda like: bah-ler-eenah

Better than I hoped.
    the correct syllabic spelling is: bal-le-rì-na that is bahl-leh-ree-nah (two 'l' not only one, you have to pronounce them entirely).

Now, I want to be an astronaut.
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Maxos
    Ehehe that was exactly my thought. Strange also cos in English there's the world ballet, evidently coming from French, but then the dancer suddenly becomes Italian lol It must be so funny to hear with an English accent
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast