Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 863 of 888 FirstFirst ... 363763813853858859860861862863864865866867868873 ... LastLast
Results 12,931 to 12,945 of 13316

Thread: What are you thinking now?

Quote Originally Posted by Varenne Rodin View Post
    ...what time is it in London, Cacian?
    now it is 17:57.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Blog Entries
    I don't sleep now. I want to. It doesn't happen. How long does it take for sleep deprivation to kill a person?
    Do not give yourself away to it. The world needs many more of your sculptures

It's 5:12AM. I have been awake in my bed in the dark all night. Every night. I don't know how many days this has been. I haven't slept much at all in many months. Ten minutes every couple of days or so. It is making me very unwell, I fear.
    If you are addicted to coffee, that may be the cause. It has happened to me because of coffee. Now, if you are really addicted to it and want to consider a consumption reduction, then do it little by little every time you drink it, in smaller and smaller amounts every time. Attempting a quick and definite quitting can be unhealthy too.
    If it's not coffee but stress and nervousness, then don't stay in bed. Better stay away from it and find something entertaining to do unless you really feel the sleepy feeling. Staying in bed while not being able to fall asleep will only make you feel worse.

Blog Entries
    Not sleeping is the worst thing, you lose all sense of balance (I do) and it becomes worse the more you worry about it.

When I can't sleep - because of my head- I try to think of beautiful happy times and places. I try to cocoon myself in warm feelings. Then if I don't get any sleep at least I'm relaxed and not worrying about it on top of everything else..
    Hard physical graft works too and Max might be right about the coffee.
    ay up

Quote Originally Posted by Pensive View Post
    mujhe sab hai yaad zara zara. tumhain yaad ho ke na yaad ho!
    It’s a verse from Momin’s poetry. I’m not sure whether it’s a geet or ghazal, can’t seem to differentiate between the two as Urdu is not my first language. And you know how the people here from North Western region speak Urdu. Humain Urdu nai ata Baji, bas torah torah ata. (thora thora)

I am thinking is a couple intimate if they are not having sex (sex outside marriage for example)?
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Blog Entries
    Why am I apparently incapable of pronouncing "recipe" like its supposed to be pronounced? Why do I always mix it up with the pronunciation of 'receipt'? It's not like I confuse the words themselves! So, why do I always do that?
    “I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”- Robert McCloskey

Blog Entries
    Food and coffee. About my thesis too, but mainly about food and coffee.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Themis View Post
    Why am I apparently incapable of pronouncing "recipe" like its supposed to be pronounced? Why do I always mix it up with the pronunciation of 'receipt'? It's not like I confuse the words themselves! So, why do I always do that?
    Possibly because you read too much 18th century literature. Then, the word receipt meant recipe.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Possibly because you read too much 18th century literature. Then, the word receipt meant recipe.
    Good to know, but that doesn't explain why my pronunciation is faulty. Unless I'm way more perceptual than I think I am.
    “I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”- Robert McCloskey

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Possible you are.

I'm thinking that I feel fat.
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

Blog Entries
    I'm thinking I shouldn't post until upgrade is fully operational, for fear of losing a transcendental post of mine after a backup restoration Just kidding, it wasn't anywhere near meaningful

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by qimissung View Post

Name me one person who doesn't! (Because you know, I feel fat now too. But that's what people refer to as 'winter depression', I'm sure. )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Themis View Post
    You can try memorizing the correct pronunciation by repeating the word aloud or even to yourself, several times until you feel accustomed to it. I would say you just need to assimilate its sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by qimissung View Post
    In such case, meet chubby cheek Nic

I've met him already, especially when I stare at a few rolls around my waist

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Chubby Cheek Nic and I each want a cookie.
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilianus View Post
    You can try memorizing the correct pronunciation by repeating the word aloud or even to yourself, several times until you feel accustomed to it. I would say you just need to assimilate its sounds.
    Yes, that will probably work. Thanks!