For those of us who keep up with the current trends on Boradway, it's starteling how very few shows these days come from the author's originol ideas. I could name practicaly every show known to man, but I still have trouble thinking of a show that isn't based on a book, poem, movie, or something that was already written. And that used to bother. Now I realize why people do it...... because it's so unbelievably hard to come up with a good plot! So, why not "borrow" one from someone else. I was thinking one day what would make a good story to musicalize. It was then I thought back to my childhood and remembered reading a little story book called The Wind In The Willows and I thought to myself...... hm. Upon reading the first chapter I realized a few things. One, it's much longer than I thought. Two, it's a different version than I read as a kid (in my version the animals didn't call each other an ***) and three...... it just might work. I don't know. I have to read the rest before I decide if it could really work out, but even in the first chapters ideas began to spring into my mind. I have two songs already that could work. I'm hoping most of you all have already read the whole thing and would know if there's potential, or if I'm just wasting my time. The Wind In The Willows The Musical...... what do you think?