Page 183 of 466 FirstFirst ... 83133173178179180181182183184185186187188193233283 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Please can someone reply to me on my email i have no idea what to do here.
    [email protected] I would be grateful. I dont go to church as i believe no church can get me into heaven. But i do study alot. And i do know God loves me. I nearly lost my husband 4 times God carried us. You have no idea

Banned
    Hello everyone

I'm relatively new here. I used to be an avid guest on the forums but traveling took me away from a steady internet connection for a while. Now that I'm somewhat stationary I look forward to getting more involved with Lit.net. I'm currently studying literature and philosophy in upstate New York, but of course they follow me when I'm traveling as well.

Thinking...thinking! dramasnot6's Avatar
    Welcome Pseudo! Good to have you here.
    I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.

Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

hi every one

im mai from K.S.A , i love the english language as i study it in the university

i want to meet i deal with native speaker to share our experiences , cluture,

and many things

i dream to be proficient speaker in english as well as my tongue language

watching moveis , and literature my favourite hoppies in general .

accept my passing

thank u so much

hi guys. I am new here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I am cool girl ,very interested in English literature, I hope I can enjoy here ,I am writing poems and like to know your veiws about them......please do a comment because like to know my weaknesses and make them correct .I hope you will all do so...........I am very interested in music also
    so thanks, this is about my self

Hi Pseudo, Mai and mahishi!
    Can I see another's woe,
    And not be in sorrow too?
    Can I see another's grief,
    And not seek for kind relief?
    ~William Blake

Hi Sylvia! I hope you figure the forum out.

Welcome Pseudo! Join us whenever you can.

Hi Mai! Studying the literature on the site and getting involved in the forum should help with your english.

Welcome Mahishi! You will find a thriving community of poets here.
    When ideas fail, words come in very handy.

Count to 10,000 and down to -10,000!

I *asked* for my account to be "deleted"
    Blog Entries
    Hello! Hello! Who is this? How are you? I'm fine thanks.

Blog Entries
    Hey WELCOME to all our new members!
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

Hi all Jislani here...

Just joined today actually, came across this site while searching for A Tale of Genji by Murasaki Shikibu.

This is actually the first Literature Club I've ever joined and I'm excited to be a member. I been browsing theough the forums and have seen so many great recommendations for reading that it's giving me a book list that I don't know how I'll ever finish.
    There's no such thing as tomorrow...because it always comes in the form of today

Welcome Jislani! This is a very fun place to be.
    When ideas fail, words come in very handy.

Count to 10,000 and down to -10,000!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Raven View Post
    Hi! I'm new, too. Glad to meet you!
    I'm back...
    Sorry for a late reply...
    Glad to meet you too....

Hello everyone, I've been a 'lurker' (not as sinister as it sounds)here for a while now,and have plucked up the courage to join in. I'm halfway through an Open Uni English Literature degree, the next block doesn't start until September, 19th century literature, so apart from that I work part-time in retail, work part-time as a freellance researcher, and enjoy reading, trying to write, and draw and paint. I like a broad range of book genres, although at the moment I've got a thing for Daphne du Maurier, and have just finished Frenchman's Creek and Jamaica Inn. Well, I'll leave it there, I'm not really one for talking about myself.

Hope to get to know you all better,
    Donna

Multifaceted Obsessionist Bramblefox's Avatar
    Wandering the endless corridors of my mind
    Hi! I'm a high-school homeschooler from the States. Let's see...sometime next week I hope to start learning French by translating Les Miserables from French to English; I would love to learn French fluently but, alas, am poor and have little money to spend on programs for learning it. All that money Mom spent on trying to make us learn Spanish...anyway.

I am an avid reader--I used to like fantasty and other such fluff until about three years ago, when I started reading classic novels. I believe I have found my reading niche there. Some of my favorite books are Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera, Jane Eyre, Scarlet Pimpernel, etc. Some of my favorite book series are Horatio Hornblower and Scarlet Pimpernel as well.

Other than reading I am also a budding artist, a very amateur horsetrainer, a casual writer, and a multifaceted obsessionalist. I get obsessed quite easily.

The places I would love to visit someday are France, England, Scotland, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and maybe even Wales.

I hope to learn about all of you soon!
    A writer is never uninspired. They're just too lazy to sit down and write.--Artoveli (edited accordingly)
    Do you hear the people sing?
    "I don't have much call for handkerchiefs, my dear...there are certain advantages, you see, in being without a nose." ~Erik

Mrs. Samsa
    Hello all, I'm a (yes, yes, obligatory collective eyeroll) high school girl from Chicagoland. 'Sally Paradise' is an alias derived from Jack Kerouac's alias from On the Road, Sal Paradise. I'm into Beat, among other things, of course.

Anyway, I stumbled across this forum while trying to find the best way to read Nabokov's Pale Fire, and figured it might be moar intellectually stimulating than /b/ or Totse - though I continue to stand by the latter I read everything from Camus to Ginsberg to Dostoevsky to Kesey to.... etc. Occasionally I indulge in space operatic science fiction, like Frank Herbert's Dune, or monumental time-wasters like Rand's Atlas Shrugged.

I also indulge my (most likely foolish) aspirations to become a writer and a poet. In between putting off school work and watching the classics- The Sting, Citizen Kane (I'm what some may call a 'culture-fag'), I work on short stories and poetry. Surrealism has been an influence - and shortcut - lately.

So! I hope I can be a positive contributor and active, engaging member of the forums here.