Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: distinction between ideal and reality

distinction between ideal and reality

When I was a kid,I wanted to be an actress and then I could experience various lifestyles and careers.Now I grow up,but it still remains a dream.Too many things prevented it coming true,and all I can do is to just watch it happens and let it go.feel upset sometimes when I reflect upon my way.I tell myself that this is reality. do you have once tasted the distinction between ideal and reality?
    Don't run through life so fast that you forget not only where you have been ,but also where you are going .

still waiting to be found amanda_isabel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    apple,

yes i have, several times, tasted the painful difference between ideal and reality. and the best advice i can give you, apple, is, well, just know the difference between the two. don't lose your goals and whatever is ideal, but never lose sight of reality. dream with your feet on the ground.

and as far as your dream goes, apple, ask yourself some stuff first. you know what you want. and it's possible that you have what it takes to get there. if this is the case, then you don't suffer from a lack of talent or resource, maybe you suffer from a lack of will. if you really want it then go for it. with willpower, you'll get where you want.

know what is ideal and bring it to reality. all it takes is willer and a bit of elbow grease.

good luck!
    Last edited by amanda_isabel; 07-02-2006 at 05:15 AM.
    ...don't need therapy to rehabilitate my smile...

http://profiles.friendster.com/6239700

Blog Entries
    Sometimes its not a distinction that use to comes between these two concepts, but just a God's destiny.

We, as human beings, are born with omen, good or bad. So, don't feel agitated, frustrated or otherwise, whatsoever happens to us, it has already since been designed to happen.

I wish you the best. Perhaps, to be an actor/actress(I doubt what you wrote) is not what is best for you and your life entirely.

Hope for good rather that bad for your fate.
    The source of any bad writing is the desire to be something more than a person of sense--the straining to be thought a genius. If people would say what they have to say in plain terms, how much eloquent they would be.
    -S.T COLERIDGE

My suggestion to you apple is to eye a goal that you feel is obtainable and feel you'll be happy with and pursue it with the best of your efforts. Forget about everything else.

Hmmm - this is a good issue. Good question. There's a book if you can get a hold of, "The Seven Habits of Successful People" by some guy out of Utah, yea his name is Steven Covey. One of the habits talks about "circle of influence" -- trying to determine what and how much in your life that you have a measure of control over. After you define that, then little by little you attempt to enlarge the circle if possible. But, by staying mostly in the "circle of influence" you have some measure of composure and poise and contentment hopefully, and don't get discouraged at not obtaining unreachable goals.

However, not obtaining some measure of your honest, natural and intuitional desires, is not right. If you want to be an actress, you should be one. You should have "acting" in your life in some form or another. Maybe you could form an acting troupe and give free plays with your friends. Maybe you could learn to do mime and earn money on the side by performing. You can memorize dialogue and speeches from plays. You have to prepare yourself for that type of business. You have to figure out, step by step, how to turn the acting ambition into a money-making endeavor. Or a partial income. Also, can you be a teacher, which is closer to being an actor/actress than most jobs?

Try to develop a plan; look around at what is possible in your vicinity. Try to find a mentor (someone who you can get training and direction from).

There will always be thing getting in our way trying to prevent our aims. Get used to it, and not upset about that when it happens. If you develop a sense of humor about the blocks that try to prevent your accomplishments, you won't get sad. Also, regarding the acting, study the skills of the successful ones, say Michelle Yeoh.

thank you indeed guys!!
    amanda, I think you are right,one should be optimistic toward life otherwise he will miss lots of oppotunities to penitrate meanings of life.
    Don't run through life so fast that you forget not only where you have been ,but also where you are going .

muhsin, actually I believe fate just sometimes, because I think that is just the excuse we search for when we are frastrated and hopeless and don't have bravery to hold on. another thing is that I did write actress.

muhsin ,anyway , thank you for your suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by sHaRp12
    My suggestion to you apple is to eye a goal that you feel is obtainable and feel you'll be happy with and pursue it with the best of your efforts. Forget about everything else.
    thank you.actually, this is the suggestion my teacher offen gave me, but you know ,it's easier said than done.....

byquist, yes I have seen that book once in the bookstore,and it even has Chinese version,but I didn't pay much attention to it because I was occupied with other things. I will try to find it soon,thank you for your advise.

I supposed the difference between reality and ideal is what one has versus what one wants. When there is less wants, then the line between reality and ideal becomes closer. Sometimes, I feel that when there are less wants, our vision of ideals become more attainable, we become happier and we also become more selfless. This is because wants of things would no longer distract us from living the life of blessings to others.

In a very Buddhist philosophy, I would have to agree with Fat29's post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat29
    When there is less wants, then the line between reality and ideal becomes closer.
    So long as an individual desires and this desire persists, something nearly inevitable in the common person, the ideal and the reality will always appear far separated. The relinquishing of all desires, especially material, and concentration of avoiding such desires may dissipate those desires.
    Despite what goals appear attained, what material seems earned, what wonderful deeds and ends seem met and satisfied, one will desire other things to the point that such goals seem unrealistic, unattainable, and unspecific.
    In essence, one determines his/her own ideal, but, of course, the reality always appears attained and earned; furthermore, one can only work one's self so hard and so diligently before an 'expectation exhaustion' occurs - failure, despair, and suffered by many. Too often one replaces hopes with expectations.

Ideals and reality

Without ideal, there is no reality. Everything we consider a reality was first a thought.
    I remember reading comic books, 50 years ago depicting space traveling and Dick Tracy with wrist communication systems. At that time, they were considered fantasy, now they are realities. I could go on and on with examples, but I think I have made my point.
    I would suggest that you read -- Think and Grow Rich -- by Napoleon Hill. He spent 20 years interviewing hundreds of people that society considers successful to determine why some people could obtain their goals and others could not.

I don't know if the two are really seperate. Most hypernarratives generally require them to be. Plato's Republic, with its suggestion that "all artists are liars", and the concept of the Platonic Ideal, would claim a differance between the two.

The achievement of philosophy, at least in a modern sense, has been the levelling of a single dualism at all binaries. The medium is the message (McLuhan), or one may even say "There is no outside of text" (Derrida)Knowing this, there is perhaps no distinction.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by apple jiang
    When I was a kid,I wanted to be an actress and then I could experience various lifestyles and careers.Now I grow up,but it still remains a dream.Too many things prevented it coming true,and all I can do is to just watch it happens and let it go.?

Did you take acting class or singin lesson or dancing course or whatever course that are actually can take you forward in reaching your dream?

If you just sit and do nothing, then why complain?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast