Page 51 of 95 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 truths and a lie

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget Girl View Post
    Well, it looks like we only got three winners here...

#2 is the lie because I don't play soccer. #1 of course, anyone can ride a bike and then #3, I love basketball but I don't really watch it. I play basketball though... only in video games!

For our lovely Pen, you are absolutely right but with the Quidditch thing? Let's say you chose #3 or #1, you can't really ride a bike on a broom, can you? And you can't play basketball on a broom! Unless you're willing to dribble and flying at the same time.
    Indeed. But you aren't playing anything while riding a bike, unless you are into much more dangerous stuff than I imagine you to be, even mountain biking, you enjoy scenery or get exercise. Nor when watching basketball are you actively involved in the sport other than screaming at the guy with the ball (Make it! Miss it! Air ball!) So the way to get Quidditch involved would be you actually playing soccar (Make the goal for Hogwarts, Gadget!) but no brooms, sorry! [You realize, of course, that with my weird logic, I am never going to admit to a guess... ]Spoc... um, Pen out. Long may you live and prosper.
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

Blog Entries

Smile

Let's see AndyDio...

#1) Is likely enough if your family can aford the violin. However, you misspelled the word. I know something of music. A violin has no frets. Unlike a guitar which has frets to guide one, it takes hours of practice just to be able to place one chord. One who practiced that much should be able to spell the word even though English isn't her first language. The e and i keys are typed by different hands, so a simple typo won't do it. Let us say #1

My choice for the lie is #1

#2) Even I have seen most of them and I'm 47 and do not read Harry Potter--wouldn't if you gave me the books...

#3) Sadly, auto-acidents are on the rise world-wide. Unless you live where there are no cars, that's the only way I could really just write this one off. Then you might be in a bicycle accident, or just bump into someone walking down the street!
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie

Pen is probably right,but I'll say three for the sake of non-assent.

Perhaps you misspelled violin on purpose to throw us off.

Everyone and thier mother has seen Harry Potter.

You may not have a license,or prefer to walk.I live in one of the worst traffic cities in America and I've never even been close to having an accident.

So I say numero three.

Blog Entries
    I'm going with #3 again.
    “I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”- Robert McCloskey

Blog Entries

Smile

Yo! AndyDio! Who's correct?
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie

Blog Entries
    Bumpity-bump.

Anyhow, since AndyDio hasn't replied for about two weeks, I'll put forth my own trio, having the right to do so due to reasons of guessing things correctly quite a number of times recently in this game and arrogance.
    And since I find facts like "I am wearing a black shirt right now" or "My left foot is aching" boring(actually the latter has diabolical perspective to it, making it at least a bit interesting), I think I shall make these three assertions rather personal.

1)Mental: I have been diagnosed as mildly schizotypal.
    2)Sexual: I am bisexual, I find both boys and girls sexually attractive.
    3)Religious: I consider myself a discordianist, I even carry a card with me that verifies my status as a Pope.

So, which one is the lie?

Blog Entries
    Eh ... ah ... uhm. *taking a wild guess* #2.
    “I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”- Robert McCloskey

Blog Entries

Smile

Number 3, I believe?
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie

Quote Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
    Bumpity-bump.

Anyhow, since AndyDio hasn't replied for about two weeks, I'll put forth my own trio, having the right to do so due to reasons of guessing things correctly quite a number of times recently in this game and arrogance.
    And since I find facts like "I am wearing a black shirt right now" or "My left foot is aching" boring(actually the latter has diabolical perspective to it, making it at least a bit interesting), I think I shall make these three assertions rather personal.

1)Mental: I have been diagnosed as mildly schizotypal.
    2)Sexual: I am bisexual, I find both boys and girls sexually attractive.
    3)Religious: I consider myself a discordianist, I even carry a card with me that verifies my status as a Pope.

So, which one is the lie?
    The second one seems to be a lie to me. You are probably either gay or straight.
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

I'm going with Number 3 although I'm thrown off by the whole thing, which Tal would write in the singular????
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by papayahed View Post
    I'm going with Number 3 although I'm thrown off by the whole thing, which Tal would write in the singular????
    Probably Tal has realised his mistake and so has fled away from this thread. Or can be that his fellow crows have attacked him for keeping them out of this post.
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

Blog Entries
    I have been posting in singular since the beginning of this year, actually. I find it amusing how, in the past, people were baffled by me referring to myself as "us". Now I can rebaffle people by us referring to ourselves as "me". Not what I would call good taste, but at least there is the baffling value.

Now, to the game.

I secretly hoped that there would come an answer that would actually be correct.

I am a discordianist. Hail Eris. I have made some posts in this forum referring to the religion since it amuses me. And I have a similar card to this too. Life's a bloody strange thing and there are times I have trouble taking it seriously. To quote a philosopher "Things just happen. What the hell"

I have NOT been diagnosed as mildly schizotypal. I have even never visited a psychiatrist. Why people would ever think that I have mental problems eludes us. Me.
    I had a small crush on a diagnosed mildly schizotypal lad some months ago, but I don't think this counts.

And yes, I am bisexual. On the Kinsey scale, I would classify myself as 4 - interested in both lads and lasses, but more in lads. Hmmh, I guess, this counts as coming out in here and I can now join the LGBT in LitNet club, if we have one - do we? I actually don't know if anyone here has been openly non-straight besides BibliophileTRJ, but I have lost touch with everything that has been happening here since the place has grown huge. But well, of course, one could be started.

So, you all were mistaken. Better luck next time.

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    So is it your turn again?
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

Blog Entries
    Very sorry, I missed it. I had forgotten. I didn't replay though because no one was right, I was waiting for another reply. Just so people know....

1) I can play the piano, the recorder, and the violin. This is true, I am just a terrible typer/speller.
    2) I have never seen a Harry Potter movie. This is the lie, I have seen them, every one sadly. They do not compare to the books. The books are wonderful the movies suck.
    3) I've never been in a car accident. again, this is true, I have never been in a car accident.
    "O reason, reason, abstract phantom of the waking state, I had already expelled you from my dreams, now I have reached a point where those dreams are about to become fused with apparent realities: now there is only room here for myself. "
    -Louis Aragon

Quote Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
    I have been posting in singular since the beginning of this year, actually. I find it amusing how, in the past, people were baffled by me referring to myself as "us". Now I can rebaffle people by us referring to ourselves as "me". Not what I would call good taste, but at least there is the baffling value.
    Perhaps Tal has finally learned proper grammar after departing from his crow teachers. Though I like Pensive's reasoning as well.
    When ideas fail, words come in very handy.

Count to 10,000 and down to -10,000!