Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Boast Post

Blog Entries
    Very well done Robin.

Just out of curiosity, does 'R' mean Robin???
    Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.

Be the change you wish to see

Suzerain of Cost&Caution SleepyWitch's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    wow, nice work, Robin.
    that heraldry page rocks! I've bookmarked it.

congrats on your grade, Sol

I'd give an "A" for your project, Rob!

As for me, I'm reading Time Magazine while searching for some useful quotes on the web and copying them on my notebook at the same time answering tricky riddles and then posting on this forum! Wow. Talk about multi-tasking for me....never actually do that normally.

And by the way, KathyCF, what do you hate about grocery shopping? To me it's loads better than shopping for clothes; RTW shopping is the ultimate stress-loader! Grocering is my favorite form of shopping; picking the best brands, comparing prices, and buying lots of food! And it's the only time my mom and I agree with something *jokes!*. She's the best accompaniment when grocering.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's" - Dostoevksy

Blog Entries
    When occasionally asked about my Air Force days (usually around Veterans Day) after all those years the one thing I usually think of is that during my assignment at Grand Forks AFB ND while working as Chief Clerk, Orderly Room for the 321st Civil Engineering Squadron (SAC) not one of the Humanitarian Discharge cases I wrote and submiited on behalf of my airmen was ever turned down. Now admittedly having one turned down is rare--does happen with Hardship Discharges but one fellow in particular wanted to get out to inherit the family business (jn California I believe) because his father had a year to live and I felt by the grace of God I contributed to that last year. Especially in light of my personal failure with my own father. It has given comfort over the years since.

Just another nerd RobinHood3000's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Aww, thanks everyone. And yes, Maddie, the "R" is indeed the symbol of Robin, the Boy Wonder. Ostensibly, it's a symbol of Banquo's sidekick-ness, although it's been there since I built that shield, originally as part of a Roman Legionnaire's costume. Everything else was addid specifically for the project.
    Por una cabeza
    Si ella me olvida
    Qué importa perderme
    Mil veces la vida
    Para qué vivir

Well done all of you!

Hmmm...what should I boast about? Did lots of things, lots of good, that it is difficult to think of one.

Anyway, the most recent occasion to brag about is when I got my English Society Sash a day before yesterday. English Society is one of the societies in the school, in which Presidant, Vice-Presidant, and Secretary are selected. Presidant from Grade 10, Vice-Preisedant from Grade 9 and Secretary from my grade. They have to along with the members of society, help in arranging school functions related to English.

Nearly, all the pupils in my class gave the exam, and out of them all, I got selected! I feel really good, though I know its probably not a great deal, just a sash, but still it doesn't hurt to feel good for yourself sometimes.
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

Blog Entries
    congrats Pensy
    I'm sure you'll be a good secretary

Seeker of Knowledge Shannanigan's Avatar
    St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands...that's in the Caribbean for you lost ones...
    Blog Entries
    Robin: Duct tape is your friend!

Really awesome jobs everybody, 3-point shots, perfect papers, and thanksgiving shopping included!

Hmmmm...I've completed 2 out of the 4 term papers due next week, and I'm plowing through the 3rd...I'm amazed at myself for not being burned out yet...
    You learn more about a road by travelling it than by consulting all of the maps in the world.

Blog Entries
    Good job, Pensive!

Robin, your stuff is awesome
    '...A cast of your skull, sir, until the original is available, would be an ornament to any anthropological museum. It is not my intention to be fulsome, but I confess that I covet your skull.' --Dr. Mortimer, The Hound of the Baskervilles

Good job, Pensive!
    congrats Pensy
    I'm sure you'll be a good secretary
    Ahh, thanks!

But I don't think so that I will make a good secretary. I will have to take part in speeches and stuff, and it makes me wonder if I did not do the right thing by entering in the society test. I like to be a free person, not good in organizing stuff and handling responsibilities.

On the other hand, sash looks really cool. I was visiting a junior class and the little girls were asking me, "Baji, are you a star student?"

Heh, I felt good.

*Baji is an Urdu word which is a sign of respect for girls older than you.

Blog Entries
    hehe, I'm sure you'll do fine. In my experience, you soon learn to live up to your responsibles once you have them. Maybe you won't be a perfect secretary from the start but you'll grow into it

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyWitch View Post
    hehe, I'm sure you'll do fine. In my experience, you soon learn to live up to your responsibles once you have them. Maybe you won't be a perfect secretary from the start but you'll grow into it
    Yeah, I reckon so.

But still one likes to be free person, isn't it?

Blog Entries
    Nicely done, Pensy.

Laindessiel, I used to have a store in my area that was open 24 hours. Since I had to get up very early to drive my ex-husband to the train station I used to go shopping very early...like 5:30 AM. Then it was ok, not a lot of people. I hate crowds and traffic and so on .... I guess I am a very nervous person. I do like finding bargains, however!
    (you can call me Kathy, just about everybody does. )
    "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
    Douglas Adams

"Frivolity is a stern taskmaster."
    Zippy the Pinhead

~Posting images tutorial~

Blog Entries
    i hate shopping for clothes! I get very impatient when I don't find what I want in the first shop I check and normally I don't want any of the stuff they have because I don't follow any fashions anyway. So I only go clothes shopping when there's absolutely no way around it.

another boast: I swam 3,000 m yesterday (120 single laps in a 25m pool). I cheated though, because 40% of it was crawling where I was supposed to do 100% breast stroke.
    But seeing as I'm picking it up again after a long break, it's good enough

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyWitch View Post
    i hate shopping for clothes! I get very impatient when I don't find what I want in the first shop I check and normally I don't want any of the stuff they have because I don't follow any fashions anyway. So I only go clothes shopping when there's absolutely no way around it.

another boast: I swam 3,000 m yesterday (120 single laps in a 25m pool). I cheated though, because 40% of it was crawling where I was supposed to do 100% breast stroke.
    But seeing as I'm picking it up again after a long break, it's good enough
    Wow, that is fantastic nonetheless. You are an athlete, Sleepy. I had not known that.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast