Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 400 of 478 FirstFirst ... 300350390395396397398399400401402403404405410450 ... LastLast
Results 5,986 to 6,000 of 7159

Thread: What is the last movie you saw? and rate it.

Eiseabhal
    Film is a type of narrative I suppose. Here are some I've enjoyed.
    BicycleThieves
    The Cow and I
    The Big Lebowski
    Les Infants du Paradis
    Withnail and I
    Once There were Heroes
    Trees Lounge
    Andrew Rublev
    The Seventh Seal
    Lacombe Lucien

In general I detest war films and silly fantasy stuff

Probably that was damn all to do with the conversation but that is life - it diverges.

Probably that was damn all to do with the conversation but that is life - it diverges.

Oops. "Posted" twice. Bodach's prerogative. What are the best Nicholson films? The Pledge, The King of Marvin Gardens and The Postman Always Rings Twice

I watched Poltergeist last night (have seen it before but not at midnight on my own in a haunted house). 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by Eiseabhal View Post
    Oops. "Posted" twice. Bodach's prerogative. What are the best Nicholson films? The Pledge, The King of Marvin Gardens and The Postman Always Rings Twice
    Don't forget Chinatown.
    You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Bang the Drum Slowly -- pretty good, about a baseball player, played by De Niro, who is dying. 7/10

House of Sand and Fog - Tough to watch, great acting. 8/10

Awakenings -- based on book by Oliver Sacks. Patients "wake up" for a while. Great movie. 9/10

The Illusionist -- Fantastic

(all on you tube)
    Last edited by jajdude; 12-02-2012 at 02:49 AM.

Blog Entries
    The Perks of being a wall flower - I loved it five stars
    I am back............................

I watched Carnage, a film by Roman Polanski. It’s a nice, funny movie with a good cast. 7/10

Blog Entries
    Recently I have gone to the cinema to watch "Lawless". To tell you the truth, I wasn`t astonished. It was a quite good movie but I wouldn`t recomment it.

Shia LaBouf as a gangster, it`s not a good idea in my opinion.

Blog Entries
    Abraham Lincoln Vampire Killer, or something like that.

Technically, I suppose it was well done. There were ugly vampires running toward you with their mouths open wide. However, I didn't like the portrayal of the south in the US Civil War as being overrun by vampires.

Score: 3/10

Quote Originally Posted by YesNo View Post
    Abraham Lincoln Vampire Killer, or something like that.

Technically, I suppose it was well done. There were ugly vampires running toward you with their mouths open wide. However, I didn't like the portrayal of the south in the US Civil War as being overrun by vampires.

Score: 3/10
    Wow vampires! Whatever next!( could it be vampires?) the words total bollocks spring to mind.
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

I saw Bel Ami and was disappointed with it. Robert Pattinson was a poor choice for the lead role. He kept on playing a vampire throughout the movie. 2/10

Quote Originally Posted by Snowqueen View Post
    I saw Bel Ami and was disappointed with it. Robert Pattinson was a poor choice for the lead role. He kept on playing a vampire throughout the movie. 2/10
    Given the absolute rubbish that's foisted onto dumbed-down audiences these days, I'm not sure whether you are joking or not.
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil Miller View Post
    Wow vampires! Whatever next!( could it be vampires?) the words total bollocks spring to mind.
    Yeah, I'm getting tired of vampires myself. Maybe Abe Lincoln Alien Killer will come out next.

That movie was a rent 2 for $1 deal at the library. The other movie was "Margot at the Wedding". Score 5/10.

In some ways these were both technically competent, but I didn't understand why the characters were acting the way they were. Even nutty characters have an inner consistency. For example, Jack Black was using a chain saw to cut down a rather large tree while arguing with the woman he was planning to marry the next day. She was standing only a few feet from him while the saw was cutting into the tree. It didn't make sense. Why would anyone approach someone doing something like that? Of course he would leave the tree partially cut down. That made sense, not that anyone in their right mind would do something like that, but these characters were not in their right mind.

Black Narcissus was an old move (1947), but the visual display was amazing. It is worth seeing just for that. Score: 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by YesNo View Post
    Yeah, I'm getting tired of vampires myself. Maybe Abe Lincoln Alien Killer will come out next.

That movie was a rent 2 for $1 deal at the library. The other movie was "Margot at the Wedding". Score 5/10.

In some ways these were both technically competent, but I didn't understand why the characters were acting the way they were. Even nutty characters have an inner consistency. For example, Jack Black was using a chain saw to cut down a rather large tree while arguing with the woman he was planning to marry the next day. She was standing only a few feet from him while the saw was cutting into the tree. It didn't make sense. Why would anyone approach someone doing something like that? Of course he would leave the tree partially cut down. That made sense, not that anyone in their right mind would do something like that, but these characters were not in their right mind.

Black Narcissus was an old move (1947), but the visual display was amazing. It is worth seeing just for that. Score: 8/10
    What I don't get about film viewers nowadays is the total lack of a critical faculty when choosing what to watch. I mean, any film with vampires, aliens, zombies etc. etc., is by definition a lot of crap. Anyone who doesn't agree with the idea that there has been a dumbing down of the masses must be blind, given that what was once a niche part of film making has now become the norm.
    However, the scenario with the woman standing a few feet away from someone using a chainsaw isn't so far-fetched, as there was a case in England a few years ago where a woman interrupted her husband while he was standing on a ladder using one when he fell of the ladder and the chain saw actually decapitated her.
    Black Narcissus is a much respected British film made by the then famed team of Powell and Pressburger and starred, among others, a very young Jean Simmons. I saw it some time ago and would also have given it 8/10

Blog Entries
    You're probably right about film viewers. The dumb part is not so much in the initial choice. That might be an innocent mistake. The dumb part is in watching the movie to the end which I actually did with Abe Lincoln and the vampires. I mean I was only out 50 cents and I didn't even have to walk out of a theater. I just had to turn it off.

My wife has more taste than I do. If a movie doesn't start making sense to her early on, she's off doing something else.

I just watched Bronson/Fonda Once upon a time in the west. I thought it was a verygood one of the oldies.