Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 398 of 478 FirstFirst ... 298348388393394395396397398399400401402403408448 ... LastLast
Results 5,956 to 5,970 of 7159

Thread: What is the last movie you saw? and rate it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Helga View Post
    I preferred the sexy men with all the power, Loki's smile just melts me, one of the best villains in Marvel.
    I've often wondered what women think of those female figures who kick butt in these action movies. I didn't expect Loki to melt anyone, but he is a great villain.

I recently saw Hot Tub Time Machine. It was 2 for $1 day at the library. That's my only excuse, but it was entertaining. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1231587/

Score 6/10

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YesNo View Post
    I've often wondered what women think of those female figures who kick butt in these action movies. I didn't expect Loki to melt anyone, but he is a great villain.
    in this particular movie I loved Cobie Smulders, she was awesome, Black Widow was cool too but Smulders was a surprise.

My son tells me I always like the bad guys in movies, guess it's the young girl in me or something...

That first seen with Loki where he appears in the SHIELD headquarters he looks up with the most evil and awesome smile... I kinda liked that I guess
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

The Heiress is a filmed version of Henry James's Washington Square. Directed by William Wyler, it stars Olivia de Havilland as the timid daughter of Ralph Richardson who, since his wife died, keeps her tied to him by making her emotionally insecure. Montgomery Clift is the fortune hunter after her money. Richardson knows instinctively that Clift is only really interested in her inheritance but she is convinced that he wants her for herself. The acting is first rate and Olivia de Havilland won that year's Academy Award for her part.

Here's a scene that's at the heart of the story. 10/10

http://youtu.be/VV3M5R9JIMw
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Helga View Post
    in this particular movie I loved Cobie Smulders, she was awesome, Black Widow was cool too but Smulders was a surprise.
    I liked Cobie Smulders. She did not get a large enough role. Of course, Scarlet Johansson made a lovely Black Widow. Even my wife was amused when the bad guys were forced to give her the phone while they were supposedly interrogating her at a secret location: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OJqPJRjHkE

Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) is the only one that seemed a bit too small, but when he aimed the arrows he became convincing.

Last night I saw The Tree of Life: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478304/

It was unusual the way the scenes portrayed prehistoric life and then went on to tell the story of a family whose eldest son died. I liked the contrast between living by "grace" and living by "nature".

Score: 8/10

Blog Entries
    I liked Cobie Smulders. She did not get a large enough role. Of course, Scarlet Johansson made a lovely Black Widow. Even my wife was amused when the bad guys were forced to give her the phone while they were supposedly interrogating her at a secret location: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OJqPJRjHkE

Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) is the only one that seemed a bit too small, but when he aimed the arrows he became convincing.
    Oh yes, my six year old loves female heroes and he loved that scene cause she hits them with a chair (I sound like a bad mom now)...

Hawkeye was the best 'good' guy in it, even though he was a mindless drone half the time, he will probably get a bigger part in the new Captain America movie and in the next Avengers.

I saw 'Kick ***' yesterday and liked it, I can't stand Nicolas Cage but he was almost cool in this one.
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In Time. A rather novel take on the Robin Hood theme. I enjoyed it. 7/10
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

I watched Disney’s Hercules with my nieces and didn’t really like it.

The other movie that I happened to see was Thor. My young cousin who is 13 had a crush on Loki and she wanted me to see her favourite film. It was good and we both enjoyed it. 7/10

Blog Entries
    I just watched "Happythankyoumoreplease" and I loved it. Good story, great actors and an overall optimistic tune. Very, very nice!
    “I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”- Robert McCloskey

On the Road...6/10. Meh.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowqueen View Post
    The other movie that I happened to see was Thor. My young cousin who is 13 had a crush on Loki and she wanted me to see her favourite film. It was good and we both enjoyed it. 7/10
    I thought Helga might have been an exception, but it looks like Loki has more appeal among females than I gave him credit for.

I saw Due Date: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1231583/

Score: 8/10

The Lavender hill mob

10/10

Utterly classic Ealing Comedy starring Alec Guiness and Stanley Holloway about a cunning way to "get away" with stealing a million.

I thought Helga might have been an exception, but it looks like Loki has more appeal among females than I gave him credit for.

Haha… I’m not a fan of Loki’s though; he is good looking man, but not my type of guy.

I have just watched Leave Her to Heaven with Gene Tierney, Jeanne Crain and Cornel Wilde in what must be the 'Woman's Picture' to end all women's pictures. The technicolour is outstanding and everyone is in top melodramatic form. Of its type, I would have to give it 10/10 and I think all the ladies would agree that they really don't make endings as romantic as this anymore.

http://youtu.be/lo2mXwiH4FU
    Last edited by Emil Miller; 11-02-2012 at 04:59 PM.
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Martha Marcy May Marlene-an independent film. A suspenseful film about a young girl trying to leave a cult. 8/10

Baghead-spoof of horror movies. Hilarious. 8/10
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

Blog Entries
    Tamara Drewe: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamara_Drewe_%28film%29

Score: 10/10

There was a scene when the sophisticated 15-year old Jody (Jessica Barden) exclaims, "Oh!--My!--God!," which I thought was a charming way to expose her ultimate naivete about the adults around her. Jody and her companion reminded me of Oberon and Puck.