Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: major malfunction

fated loafer
    If it wasn't me you'd better lock your doors and find the baseball bat.

LMAO!

Wait, you mean you guys don't do that anyway?...uh...heh...I mean, me neither...

Oh, and yes, I agree with you, VB. About the "learning to communicate with only words" thing. Although, I think maybe I have to spend more time on the "learning to communicate verbally" thing. When I type I don't skip a beat, but when I'm talking it's just a series of rapid "uhh...er er...well, it's like...wait, no, you know...um um um..."
    If you had to live with this you'd rather lie than fall.
    You think I can't fly? Well, you just watch me!

~The Dresden Dolls

Oh, and were people referring to me about the 1000 posts? I'm way ahead of you. See "A hero's welcome."

~The Dresden Dolls

an innate contradiction verybaddmom's Avatar
    that is so funny Em. sometimes that happens to me where i just cannot find the right words and i sound like a sixth grader trying to order something on the phone with a parent's credit card. and other times everything comes out smooth and clear and with all these big words flowing like silk. while that is happening i am aware of it and so scared it will stop. but if it is the first time im meeting someone and it happens im thrilled because my first impression rocked. then of course, the next time i see them, im back to being a bumbling idiot. i wonder why that happens? (there is no relation to drug use, im sure!)
    Then we sat on the edge of the earth, with our feet dangling over the side, and marvelled that we had found each other.

I think I am the same way. My freinds will introduce me to someone, and because I really havent heard their voice I cant "pass judgement" on them. I meet girls who are no problem talking to when I dont know them, but once there is a connection there I always seem tense, and I start stuttering, and then I start feeling stoopid, and... Well, not all girls, but the ones who show some interest in me, and then I feel dumb and I am scared to really tak to them and the girls then think I am blowing the off. Writing seems to work best, I can be "sweet" and not really feel weird about it for some reason.

But that is one thng I forgot to mention... I analyze peoples voices alot. No scientific things, just cues. I have no idea how I do it, but I could tell for one reason or another a co-worker was dyslexic and adopted, and I had only met her a week before and talked once. Another girl talked to me for like 5 minutes and I knew she was seriously messed up, the next day found out she tries to kill herself sometimes. A freind(male) of mine never said A WORD about his parents, but I always knew there was something alittle off with him, and now I find out that his dad abused his mom and cheated on her and he saw and heard all/ most of it.
    I blame all of that from listening to loveline^^^
    Anarchism is a game at which the Police can beat you. What have you to say to that?
    -Misalliance
    George Bernard Shaw

LOL Loveline has made pop psychologists of us all.

~The Dresden Dolls

I liked The Cable Guy

But seriously, I just have this nasty habit of starting impossible things, and then when i get to the point that it seems possible, I quit, because it isn't fun anymore.

But, if something seems impossible, or I don't think that I'm able to do it, I'll sit down for 72 hours to prove to myself that it can be done. It just won't actually get done, since I'll quit.

Does that make any sense?
    And we laughed at the stars while our feet clung tight to the ground, so pleased with ourselves for using so many verbs and nouns.

I liked Cable Guy too.

And yes, that makes sense, because I'm the mistress of unfinished projects. In school I always picked the impossible research topic and right up til the deadline ignored any remark that I would be unable to complete it. Cut to 1am the night before it's due, me frantically googling and flipping through encyclopedias, trying desperately to paste together my thesis from obscure, unrelated sources...

~The Dresden Dolls

I'm worse, cos I do that with possible/easy tasks
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

all right, so im bringing this back up because i have discovered a new addiction in my life, and apparently its a major malfunction.
    i have the piercing bug....i cant seem to stop. i have had nine in the last couple of years...and they keep getting more and more daring. i have almost run out of places to pierce. its costing me a fortune and irritating the heck out of my kid.....
    Then we sat on the edge of the earth, with our feet dangling over the side, and marvelled that we had found each other.

Sorry, this may be a stupid question but what happens when you go through a metal detector? it gives a signal right? but then when they check you with that hand detector it goes off nine times as well! Do they simply believe you've got nine piercings ? because everytime you go into a club or on a plain you have to go through the detectors.
    "If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic"

well, i dont go to clubs very often, in fact never.
    but when i flew to vancouver a few months ago, i set off the metal detector. i explained that i had some piercings and they sort of gave me that funny look when the hand detector went off in certain areas. but they just let me through no problem, sort of wink wink, nudge nudge. but when i go to europe next year, i am considering taking them all out and using acrylic retainers as i know that the overseas security is tighter. i really dont want to have to take off all my clothes to have them inspected.....
    i mean really...how embarassing!
    now do you have a major malfuction?? spill the beans!

well I am affraid of birds. doesn't really matter what kind from big birds like swans and geese to little ones like redbreasts. behind my house there's a water and a path which i can take into the city, but in the summer i never take this path but choose to make a detour of a couple of miles because there are swans on the path. furthermore when I watched hitch****'s birds i was wearin hats for weeks. it's only with birds because even after having seen arachnophobia i'm still not affraid of spiders. so there it is, i'm affraid of birds. a rather rare disorder.

oh come on that's censorship! it's just the guy's name!

LOL...yes sir, that's the way of the computer. it cant tell the difference.
    there are many things that it would censor...like um....the pea****...and shuttle**** and ****tail.....
    birds, eh?
    that's a very unique disorder, no? i dont think i've ever heard of that before.....