Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: major malfunction

fated loafer
    My dysfunction is being hyper sensitive to touch, poke me and I may not jump physically, but my heart will be racing, and I also have trouble expressing emotions which tends to get other people hurt.

So as practice I am going to say, By the way it's been nice to meet all of your on this forum, I am thouroughly enjoying it.

an innate contradiction verybaddmom's Avatar
    yay...simon, a breakthrough.

its been nice meeting you too.
    Then we sat on the edge of the earth, with our feet dangling over the side, and marvelled that we had found each other.

Hehe thanks VB.

And most equally enjoyable company you are, simon! (If you move down here and feel inclined to join my church choir, btw, be advised to take my lead and come late all the time -- they make everyone give each other a shoulder-massage as part of the warm-up. *shudder*)
    If you had to live with this you'd rather lie than fall.
    You think I can't fly? Well, you just watch me!

~The Dresden Dolls

Right in the happy button IWilKikU's Avatar
    Waynesboro, Virginia. The beautiful Shenandoah Valley
    If you ladies are done kissing I'm ready to talk about the movies I cried in .

There are only 2: The Family Man because the beginning COMPLETELY mirrored my relationship with my girlfriend. I drove her to the airport and put her on a plane to England for 6 months without me, and saw it like a week later. That was depressing.

Bowling for Columbine. The first time I watched that I was half drunk/half high fully sleep deprived and all kinds of Emo.
    ...Also baby duck hat would be good for parties.

Blog Entries
    um, not to digress already but kik, you have to be the only guy i've ever heard who doesn't want girls to kiss.
    yuch, never mind.

is that why you moved to England, your honey was there?
    shh!!!
    the air and water have been here a long time, and they are telling stories.

Actually I was quoting Kung Pow. If you guys actually did want to kiss for real, I wouldn't complain.

Blog Entries
    hehe, i need space like you wouldn't believe. the only person who ever gets close enough to kiss had better look and smell like my boyfriend. except!! for cats of course.

oh yeah! this is a malfunction thread. so, (i forgot) do any of you read way too many books at once, like five plus in rounds of no particular order - is that vaguely normal for anyone else here?
    Last edited by amuse; 04-23-2004 at 09:21 PM.
    shh!!!
    the air and water have been here a long time, and they are telling stories.

Originally posted by amuse

is that why you moved to England, your honey was there?
    Sorry, I didn't even see this half of the question.

Actually, we came here together originally, then we both came back home, but then she came back when I couldn't afford it. So we were apart for 6 months. That was hard times.

And I sometimes read a bunch of books at once, other times I just stick to one. Depends on how stressed I am with other things.

fated loafer
    Hey, I nearly cried during Bowling for Columbine, it's the closest I have ever come to crying during a movie.

Az, I start books one after the other, and then never finish any of them. Such as... oh, Bros. K and Hunchback? We'll see.

I blubbered like an infant at "Lost in Translation." "Columbine," I think my jaw was hanging open from about 10 minutes in till, oh... five days later.
    If you had to live with this you'd rather lie than fall.
    You think I can't fly? Well, you just watch me!

~The Dresden Dolls

Originally posted by amuse

oh yeah! this is a malfunction thread. so, (i forgot) do any of you read way too many books at once, like five plus in rounds of no particular order - is that vaguely normal for anyone else here?
    I don't read more than one at a time, but I have to have a book with me at all times. If I even think I'm going to have extra time, I have to have my book with me. If I am just sitting somewhere and do not have a book to read I will literally start reading anything (shampoo bottles, backs of cereal boxes, writing on desks, etc..). People say it's my addiction. I do not drink or smoke but I do books. Without my "fix" I will get the shakes. It is really bad. I do not know anyone else like that. I really got a lot of funny looks when I brought books to read to the gym. I would read on the treadmill and the stationary bike.
    And since I am not a library person, this is a VERY expensive addiction. Sometimes I will buy 3 a week.

Originally posted by IWilKikU
    [B]Sorry, I didn't even see this half of the question.

Actually, we came here together originally, then we both came back home, but then she came back when I couldn't afford it. So we were apart for 6 months. That was hard times.
    I know I'll hate myself for picking on this, but when i read this sort of things my mind keeps reminding me that the only relationship I had was one where I saw him averagely every 4 months, for like 1 or 2 weeks... Little more than 2 months in total, spread over almost 2 years. (and he never drove me to the airport, well never drove me anywhere cos he doesnt drive... he just let me get the train to the airport, alone) And? Nothing, I just like to look for pity, damn me. Sorry Kik, I know how it feels so should be sympathetic, shouldnt I, instead of always complaining.

Back on topic, I once tried to read 3 books at the time but then I didnt... I dont even start readong things for my enjoyment when I should study, not to get distracted...But then I get distracted in other ways anyway Right now I'm actually reading 2 books... But it doesnt feel like that cos they're related to study.... I'm reading a biography of Anna Achmatova, and that feels like studying cos I can't help considering 'study book's everything that's not a novel, and Barry Lindon, that's for a course too actually, but being a novel it doesnt feel like that

I have a big malfunction: my sense of duty. I can't persaude myself to do things lightheartedly, I get paranoid if I skip a lesson or leave earlier, even when it's not important anyway... I can't leave things half-done, unless theyre things I chose, but if I got a task, I have to get to the end even if I hate it... When people who just are able not to care live better than I do
    Last edited by Koa; 04-24-2004 at 10:05 AM.
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

*gives Koa sympathy* . Don't worry Koa, were together ALLLLL the time now , so it makes up for it.

I just realized another major malfunction that I have. I just developed a cumpulsive habbit of playing Freecell. I've started playing all the games systematically. I just finished game #46. Wow.

an innate contradiction verybaddmom's Avatar
    good for you kik, on your miraculous undertaking of what i feel is a huge pain in the butt game...
    now the Sims? there is a game i have to lock in a safety deposit box while school is in session. i once spent 32 hours in a row (literally not leaving the computer) trying to advance my "guy" to the next job promotion, and then one more friend, more friend? so another promotion, and so on....you get the idea. it was brutal, my friends were going to organize an intervention.....

ooohhhhh, wait..school's out. i have to go, where is that safety deposit box key??
    Then we sat on the edge of the earth, with our feet dangling over the side, and marvelled that we had found each other.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast