Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: major malfunction

I remembered a few of my malfunctions but i forgot them now... (if you dont know what im talking about, have a look at the subject of the topic )
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

an innate contradiction verybaddmom's Avatar
    has anyone here ever taken one of those ink blot or personality tests? not the one that tells you what career you should be, but the ones they use to diagnose mental illness and/or describe your personality type (characteristics).
    for one of my psychology classes we took a bunch of these funky tests (supposed to have been for fun), and i discovered that apparently i am borderline nuts. fortunately i dont care, so it wasnt a terribly disturbing revelation, but i wonder if anyone else has taken one of these tests and had the results show something totally different from what they were expecting. (and i am well aware of the pronoun disagreement in that sentence and i dont care....i am such a rebel!!!)
    anyhow, there were a few students in the class that were upset by their results and i found that kind of funny. i suppose it would have been different had we been in a psychiatrists office, i had blood on my hands, and there were uniformed police behind me, but i didnt take it very seriously.
    Then we sat on the edge of the earth, with our feet dangling over the side, and marvelled that we had found each other.

Blog Entries
    what fun! we only learned about them, never took them.
    though there was a number we learned (to see how many we could store in our short term, the usual max is 7 or 9) and it stuck with me for months afterward (219 526 748 i think oh god it's been almost a year, go away!!!)
    oh no your poor classmates
    i'd be scared to see what mine revealed...
    shh!!!
    the air and water have been here a long time, and they are telling stories.

yes that memory device is called chunking right? where you break it into more meaninful groups, because you can actually remember 7 groups of things?
    Then we sat on the edge of the earth, with our feet dangling over the side, and marvelled that we had found each other.

fated loafer
    Hey mom, I took this normalicy test on tickle.com and it told me I was 4 percent normal. I also took the ink blot test and it told me I was governed by imagination, I guess that's not too bad of a dictatorship.

nice. tickle eh? i'll have to try that.
    my inkblot test said that i was totally ruled by my sexuality.
    and this one test said that from 5-10 was normal and over that was Schizophrenic...and my score was 18!!! yikes.

I took that Tickle Normalcy test. It says I'm 3% normal, and "least like others in the area of imagination."

And I took their ink blot test, and it said I'm driven by imagination. "You have a deep desire to use innovative ideas to enhance your life and influence the world around you.... On an unconscious level, the reason you may be so driven by imagination is your fear of destruction, the opposite of creation."
    .... But I already new that.

So, I guess that means I'm imaginitive or something?
    Last edited by emily655321; 05-04-2004 at 08:24 AM.
    If you had to live with this you'd rather lie than fall.
    You think I can't fly? Well, you just watch me!

~The Dresden Dolls

Anybody ever have to take the MMPF? Minnasota Multi Phasic.
    Uhhhh...

fated loafer
    never heard of it, what is it?

Oh I'd love to take those tests!!! I love tests! And I want the scientific proof of my non-normality!!!
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

The normalcy test on Tickle.com said it was based on the MMPF, or used questions from it, or something to do with it anyway.

Those ink blots are scary, though! It's weird, but two or three, when they flashed on screen, actually made me feel horrible, REALLY not wanting to look at them.

Oh, they had a link to a Poetry IQ test on there too. I didn't take it, but I think I'll go do that now. If I can pull myself away from the forum. Wish me luck.

*puts hand over eyes and feels around for the mouse*

[edit] The link to the poetry test brought me... guess where?... Poetry.com *ew* *bad* The top of the page was full of "winners" of some kind holding their checks or something. So I high tailed it out of there. I don't want any part of that place, even if it's just a quiz.
    Last edited by emily655321; 05-04-2004 at 10:30 PM.
    If you had to live with this you'd rather lie than fall.
    You think I can't fly? Well, you just watch me!

~The Dresden Dolls

LOL, baddmom, it cracks me up the way you wrote "emily(bunch of numbers)"!
    You're just another bastard.

yeah, poetry.com pisses me off. But its cool because some people I know are winners of those contests.
    Anarchism is a game at which the Police can beat you. What have you to say to that?
    -Misalliance
    George Bernard Shaw

um, yeah we are all winners. there have been experiments where some of the crappiest poetry of all time has been submitted and won, including one that deftly suggested that poetry.com was a scam. i am personally one of the winners of the editor's choice award. yay. that goes on my resume...NOT

Why is it still alive, though, if it's scam?
    You're just another bastard.