Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Perfect?

Perfect?

Kim: What would be the word you would use to describe yourself?
    Jim: Perfect.
    Kim: Nobody/nothing is perfect.
    Jim: Well, I am.
    Kim: Then you are mistaken. I tell you, nothing/no one can be faultless, and so nothing can be perfect.
    Jim: Says who! The one who is mistaken himself!

Now, tell me guys who is mistaken? Kim or Jim? This thing has been bugging in my mind today when I made a comment in my mind about how perfect A Wizard of Earthsea was! Then my own brain started this Kim-Jim argument. With whom do you agree? J or K? Or none? Or do you partly agree thinking that a thing can be perfect while a living thing can't be or vice-versa?

If you think a human-being/non-living-thing can be perfect, then do you think you know what makes it/him perfect? Or if you think nothing is perfect then why do you think this word is still surviving; in the dictionary as well as in the conversation of people. Well, I know other things (not very sensible) are still surviving in people's tongues, but then is it one of those not very sensible words/things you think? Perfect-ness? Or is this word like nothing is nothing but a contradiction?
    Last edited by Pensive; 07-26-2007 at 05:56 PM. Reason: TYPO
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

Blog Entries
    Perfection is being so kind and selfless that you do not think about yourself. Giving all you are to others even thought they shun or hate you.

I'm not a religious person but JESUS comes pretty close to perfection.
    Shall these bones live?

Thanks for replying to the thread, Bakiryu!

Quote Originally Posted by Bakiryu View Post
    Perfection is being so kind and selfless that you do not think about yourself. Giving all you are to others even thought they shun or hate you.
    Ummm...I wonder how is this perfection? What do you think makes a person non-perfect then? Hating those who hate him?

Ideas can be perfect, anything corporeal is flawed. I'm with Plato on this one.

Human being or non living things can't be perfect.Only their creator must be perfect.For my beliefs,Allah is perfect..
    Innocence Has A Power Evil Cannot Imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by ozbey View Post
    Human being or non living things can't be perfect.Only their creator must be perfect.For my beliefs,Allah is perfect..
    Ummm okay. Do you think that human-beings or non-living-things can't be perfect because they couldn't create themselves by their own choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Pensive View Post
    Ummm okay. Do you think that human-beings or non-living-things can't be perfect because they couldn't create themselves by their own choice?
    Kind of.In my belief,this world is a kind of examination.All human beings fight against devil.But you can not find any human beings who always beat the devil.Devil is on work.Thats why,all we are defeated by devil.Everyone has mistakes.How many?nobody knows(we can't know everything.)But at least one time.Thats why,I am sorry nobody is perfect...

I am perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by ozbey View Post
    Kind of.In my belief,this world is a kind of examination.All human beings fight against devil.But you can not find any human beings who always beat the devil.Devil is on work.Thats why,all we are defeated by devil.Everyone has mistakes.How many?nobody knows(we can't know everything.)But at least one time.Thats why,I am sorry nobody is perfect...
    Ummm so is the devil perfect which/who can't be beaten by anybody? Is it about defeating? Is perfection about gaining power? Is it about good-deeds? And for non-living-things, is it about their uses?

I am perfect.
    So tell me, according to your belief, is devil perfect too?

Why pester someone for... formality hater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Everyone has his own meaning of "perfection".Something which is perfect in my eyes may not be so in someone else's view.Perfection is so difficult, or maybe impossible to achieve by a human being(one who cannot contemplate over its meaning well enough,that is why philosphers are still banging their heads)
    Leaping and hopping like a frog now, but still have a long way to go before I get crowned as "King Frog"!

Kim: Then you are mistaken. I tell you, nothing/no one can be faultless, and so nothing can be perfect.
    Kim: Says who! The one who is mistaken himself!

Do you mean the last Kim to be Jim? I mean is the last Kim a typo?

anyway.. Kim is right IMHO..
    I believe that nothing/noone is perfect but God... well, this is what I believe, my opinion
    I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge -- myth is more potent than history -- dreams are more powerful than facts -- hope always triumphs over experience -- laughter is the cure for grief -- love is stronger than death. - Robert Fulghum
    Je Chante Une Chanson Sombre
    The Lady of Mine - Opinion please
    A tragedy crept to the name Bathory

Quote Originally Posted by Poetess View Post
    Kim: Says who! The one who is mistaken himself!

Do you mean the last Kim to be Jim? I mean is the last Kim a typo?

anyway.. Kim is right IMHO..
    Oops, sorry. Yes, that was a typo.

I believe that nothing/noone is perfect but God... well, this is what I believe, my opinion
    Thanks for sharing your opinion!

Again in my belief,devil is a loser.Because Allah sent it away from paradise,and it has no chance to turn back..Perfection is not about gaining power.It is all about mind and heart.If you believe in something with all your mind and heart,it will become perfect for you.For me perfection equals Allah.But I have always have respect for the others perfection understandings.Is it about good deeds?I don't think so.Doing good deeds only shows your loyalty to your beliefs.They don't make you perfect.They make you a good person but not perfect. for non-living-things it is all same.They can be useful.Not more.Useful and make life simple.Are these qualifications make something perfect?I don't think so.Anyway..These are all for me..What about you?What do you think about perfection?Devil is perfect for you?

I think someone can be perfect in someone else's eye because they like them,respect them or even get along with them.But other than that who is the judge of perfection and how does he or she decide if they judge on their terms then it's only perfect for them.
    But not absolute perfection.I guess.

Pensive,

Devil?

All I know is I AM PERFECT.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast