Page 10 of 982 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: Would You??

and suddenly they all stopped replying. I guess it depends. If it would be for personal use I would but if it's not solely for personal use I would not.

If you could be god (or any other higher being you believe in) for a day, what would be the first thing you changed?
    "If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic"

Blog Entries
    I would remove a good deal of hatred.

Now, if you were given a choice - you would write heartbreakingly beautiful and sad poetry and your name would be remebered forever, but you wouldn't live to old age and you would go insane and paranoid in the end of your life and destroy your creation and think you were the king of Poland, would you accept the choice?
    If you believe even a half of this post, you are severely mistaken.

yes, definitely. there's a jiddisch saying: Even one hour in paradise is worth the effort.

if you had to choose between releasing a book you really think is your best work, or a book of which you know it will bring you fame and fortune forever, which would you choose?

an innate contradiction verybaddmom's Avatar
    definitely best work, although ideally your best work would be the one that would bring fortune (i dont aspire to be wealthy, but i would like to be able to pay my bills and buy lots of plants)

would you ever give up civilization to squat on a piece of wilderness property?
    Then we sat on the edge of the earth, with our feet dangling over the side, and marvelled that we had found each other.

Sure, but I don't think I'd stay forever.
    Just long enough to get my fill of quiet.

Would you give up your lotto winnings to help the poor?

How about half?
    Pickles

Blog Entries
    The whole - I don't think so (unless the poor person of whom we are speaking about is me )
    The half - it depends. If the rest of it is big enough that I could live comfortably or be happy with it, then sure.
    But I would give a share of it, yes (unless it is like 10.00)

Would you accept a chance if you were offered that you could time-travel, but would arrive in the body of a seven-year-old you in the time and place where you were being at when you were seven? You would lose about one quarter of what you know due to frictions and stuff.
    If you believe even a half of this post, you are severely mistaken.

no, there's a song in holland called "zo mooi wordt het nooit meer" by a dutch singer called harrie Jekkers. The song is about the question what you would do if, after your death, god would ask you whether you wanted to live your life again. and at the end of the song he sings that he wouldn't do that because it wouldn't be as beautiful as the first time it happened. i think he's right about that.

if you found the cure for aids, would you give it freely to the third world countries or would you charge them for it?

Give it freely

Do you trust third world travelling?
    "Hear and you forget; see and you remember; do and you understand."

What the hell? Off course I do.

Would you be supportive if your dad wanted to become a woman?

Yes, it's his body and my mother and father have slept in seperate rooms for 20+ years now anyway.

Would you make everyone the same race if you had the power to do so?

no no and no...variety is the spice of life. what would we learn about accepting differences and compassion and fairness and justice if we were all the same?

would you ever want to NOT share a bed with your partner in a marriage?
    Then we sat on the edge of the earth, with our feet dangling over the side, and marvelled that we had found each other.

I can't imagine not waking up next to my husbands smile, ever.

Would you move your child out of a culture filled neighborhood to a rich one to give them a better education?

i dont think so, i think the education one would get in a culturally diverse area may be a more valuable one. in fact i moved from a wealthy (ish) area (that i could barely afford) to a more culturally diverse city (that i can also barely afford) and find that my son is enjoying it far more. i think i would rather his education encompass both life matters AND academics.

would you ever bungee jump?

yes

Choose, one of these will be destroyed. What's more important:

the life of one 40 year old man
    the Mona Lisa

The life of a 40 year old man. The value of human life is more precious than any material item.

Would you dance in the rain if you knew no one was watching?