Page 99 of 982 FirstFirst ... 4989949596979899100101102103104109149199599 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 14717

Thread: Would You??

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Yes, I noticed, Emily. But your story tickled my funnybone and I couldn't help it. Maybe we should start a thread or something. Hee-hee. Great one, Grover!
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

A close friend you have been nagging to do her coursework for a long time turns up the night before the deadline and asks for help with it (a lot of help). If you don't help, she will fail her degree. Would you help?

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Actually, and this is not bragging on my part, I helped a good many of my classmates get their degree when I went back to school to prove to people that I could get one myself, because they, like so many people in this old world, think a person who suffers from my disabillity would be unable to actually complete requirement for a degree. I received my AAS Degree in IST in 2000 Summa Cum Laude, a respected member of the Honors Society. I then worked tech support for a computer firm for almost a year, but alas, it was not to be. But yes, I would help anyone I could, because I have been disrespected enough in life, and told I couldn't do something to sympathize.

Do you tend to make snap judgements about people, or reserve opinion until you get time to know them a little better?
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

I do reserve all of my opinions until I am asked about them, or provoked to express them. But I also tend to make relatively quick judgements and am quite stubborn in sticking to them (but I can be persuaded nontheless). Can these two things be compatible?

You're probably right for helping them. I'm sorry to hear about your computing job. But it sounds like you have plenty of strength and courage to achieve many other things. I would help too, I can't let my friends down.

I'm a shadow of myself adilyoussef's Avatar
    I'm rather an observer, meaning I tend to observe people behaviour miticulously before giving any judgement. Hasty conclusions leads nowhere but to conflict.

Would you adopt someone's a child if you are asked to?

Oh! life you'r but hell
    Oh! hell you'r but in me
    When I'v lost your love
    I'm lost in an ocean of destiny

Blog Entries
    No, never, I am not particularly fond of children, and I definitely would never adopt one. They better take care of it themselves.

Would you start a conversation with a stranger if the stranger seemed interesting?
    There is no darkness, there is no light, there is only Lasagne!

I usually do. Part of my university studies were on cross-cultural differences that's why I'm always ready to talk to strangers or rather listen to them and try to identify what is commen and what is different between us.It helps building one's personality a lot.

Would you argue to deffend your thoughts or listen and try to understand what others whant to prove?

Oh! life you'r but hell
    Oh! hell you'r but in me
    When I'v lost your love

Blog Entries
    I do both, I try to understand, and often find that by putting myself in someone elses position really helps, however, if I disagree with what they are saying, I will offer my own opinion on the matter, and try to explain how I see things, while still having respect for their opinion.

Would you rather spend the night at the place of someone you know but dislike or in a hotel if given the choice?

Whitout further explanation, I choose the hotel. It hapened many times to me.

Would you spend the whole night awake on the forum, although you have to wake up early in the morning, if you are involeved in an intresting thread that you enjoy so much?

Oh! life you'r but hell
    Oh! hell you'r but in me
    When I'v lost your love

Hehe, not if I have to be up early. If I have a thought that's sticking in my head about it, I sometimes jot down notes to remember what I wanted to say. But I figure the Forum's not going to go anywhere overnight. Are you finding yourself in this dilemma, Adil?

Would you rather buy someone a present from a store, or make one yourself (like a painting or cookies)?
    If you had to live with this you'd rather lie than fall.
    You think I can't fly? Well, you just watch me!

~The Dresden Dolls

Quote Originally Posted by adilyoussef
    Would you spend the whole night awake on the forum, although you have to wake up early in the morning, if you are involeved in an intresting thread that you enjoy so much?
    If it's work or class that I will have to get up for, then no.

Quote Originally Posted by emily655321
    Hehe, not if I have to be up early. If I have a thought that's sticking in my head about it, I sometimes jot down notes to remember what I wanted to say. But I figure the Forum's not going to go anywhere overnight. Are you finding yourself in this dilemma, Adil?

Would you rather buy someone a present from a store, or make one yourself (like a painting or cookies)?

Sorry, was too slow before.

I would definitely buy it. With my finess, I stand a chance of losing a friend rather than impress him/her making it myself

Same Q

Blog Entries
    Depending on how much I care about the person, I would make them a present, I have done so before. I'll give my sister a model ship for her new house I build myself. But most of my gifts are from stores.

would you do something illegal to prevent something else that is also illegal, but to you is even worse?

Never! The integrity of the justice system is more important than any individual justice.

Same Q

Oh, my, that's a toughie. If it's to stop someone from hurting another person, I would like to think I would, especially if my "illegal" thing was a matter of trespassing on open-air property or another harmless act. But my personal inclination is usually to remain within the law in all reasonable circumstances, by which I mean calling the police or another authority rather than becoming personally involved. I think vigilante justice only complicates matters further.

This is interesting. Same Q.
    If you had to live with this you'd rather lie than fall.
    You think I can't fly? Well, you just watch me!

~The Dresden Dolls