Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday to VIRGIL!!

Happy Birthday Virgil!! (I am one day late, sorry!)

Some mesto, or another. Bog knows you wouldn't be able to viddy me from your okno.
    Happy Birthday! You're 46 years wise. Congrats!

"Do you mind if I reel in this fish?" - Dale Harris

"For sale: baby shoes, never worn." - Ernest Hemingway

Blog

King of Contradiction
    Though we have not yet been formally introduced, I have seen many posts by and about you, and I felt it was a matter of common courtesy to wish you an enjoyable 47th birthday (albeit one day late)
    Yours truly, Joe.

Fair is foul, and foul is fair.

Blog Entries
    Hi Virgil, and "Happy Birthday, Many Happy Returns" ....(well, one day late...sorry).....I hope it was a good one.
    Wow, am I totally embarrassed. You birthday slipped right past me....my good friend...I was preoccuppied with some family matters...so sorry...
    SO to make up for my late arrival to this fabulous party, I hope you will accept my appolgises firstly and accept these gifts of my genuine regard for a terrific and great guy!

Hey, Glimmertwin, Here's a few DVD's I thought you would like for your Birthday.....

I don't know a lot about Stones concerts, but this one looked good!

And you will have to have this new Deluxe edition of the original [remastered CD].....one of their classics...

I happened upon this book, with CD Roms...I though 'how cool - now you can read about your favorite rock band' - enjoy!

To keep you grounded a nice HB edition of one of your favorite authors seems apropriate.

Last, but not least - a Deluxe edition DVD of MP - you can't beat the original cast!

Virgil, by the way....I thought you were 44 going on 45. You don't look a day over 40!
    "It's so mysterious, the land of tears."

Chapter 7, The Little Prince ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Then dawns the Invisible Psycheinaboat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Happy birthday!

For you...

(Some may think gift cards are tacky, but I love getting these things!)
    If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
    - Emma Goldman

Blog Entries
    Why how can I thank you all. Your affection means so much to me. Let's try to thank you individually.

Kizzo, you know that dogs are a way to my heart.
    Lily A., the most original young lady around
    Crazefest, your welcome. I'm glad you've become a regular here.
    Petrarch, wish I coud have had you as a prof in school. Love that Limoncello.
    Rich, can't wait to see your next blog entry.
    B-Mental, you're one of the coolest guys around, with your working in Alaska and now on an oil rig, and ou playing the blues.
    Reisa, I sad that I don't see you around as much any more, nor do I get to read any of your poetry. Perhaps we can read another book in a monthly read soon. It would be wonderful to see you around like in the past.
    Sleepy, I love the wolf pups. Thanks. Say hi to schoky for me.
    Jon - Keep writing those great poems. It feels like I'm living some wild life through your poems. And I love "Howl." I think I told you once that I stumbled across Alan Ginsberg in the hall at Brooklyn College once. He was teaching there.
    Manolia - We have to read another novel together.
    Scher - Thank you for those wise thoughts. You're one of those people that make lit net special. But are you trying to tell me something with number eight in your list? Mamagram and colooscopy. Sex change is not my kind of adventure.
    Vheissu - How cool it must be to live in both Edinburg and Athens, two great cities.
    Fifth, keep those great poems coming. I don't know how you can write about three a week and they are all "nice".
    Logos - keep off that banning button. I know you're finger is itchin'.
    Toni, you are one special young lady. And say hello to your sisters for me.
    Silvia, from my parent's country, the beautiful Italy
    Pensy - What a marvelous cake, thank you and please rest those blue wings. They never stop.
    Papaya, I still like it when you call me Virgie.
    Nightshade, thanks for always having such a happy disposition. you really are the lady of smiles.
    Andave, keep writing those essays. They're fun to read.
    Subby, yes I know another year and they do seem to come around fast.
    Bulletproof, what pretty balloons, and I don't know if I've ever told you that you have the most original lit net name.
    Pen, this poem is even better than last year's. You are such a wonderful person.
    Claes, my fellow engineer. It's good to see you back here. I look forward to more of your pictures.
    StLukes, Love the painting, and I don't mind the momento part, but I hope I'm not quite ready for the mori.
    Kratsy - you are such a lady. thanks for being a friend.
    Niamh - that is some great meal. Italian food and Irish poetry, what a great combo.
    Mom-H, you remembered my Stones addiction. "Jumping Jack Flash it's a gas, gas, gas." Hope your mom is doing better.
    Amalia, Manolia, Janine, you and I have to read another Lawrence novel together. WIL was so much fun. Perhaps you might be interested in the Feb monthly read of an Italian novel. Oh and I'm sure the month for a Greek novel will be coming up. That will be great.
    Dori, there aren't too many 16 year old male soccer players who love Russian literature. I'm glad you're here.
    Barbara, I was expecting Marylin Monroe singing me Happy Birthday and I got a bird. Actually that was wonderful thank you.
    Bailey, you're such a sweet girl, but stop beating up the boys at school.
    ktd, yes I would love to have a limoncello with you. You know we never finished analysizing the Lawrence Tortoise poems.
    Baki - what a great animation. Thank you. And just like Lily you are one of a kind young lady.
    Lady Wentworth, of course I like the books. Do you think I'm more like Tom Sawyer or Huck Finn? I can't decide. What do you think?
    Samecury, oh I wish you'd drop by more often. Hope you're doing well in school. Yay Red Sox, they did it!! But next year how about my Orioles win.
    Ampoule, all your posts seem to have humor in them. When I see something from you, I always expect a smile to come. You must have such a happy disposition.
    Bluevictum, the mountain climber. God I would be scared to go where you've gone. But keep those amazing photos coming.
    TEND, I would love to have you at my birthday party but it was only me and my wife and if you were here she probably would not have gotten as affectionate if you know what I mean. I'm glad you're back on lit net.
    Miss Tenderness, my dearest. You have such a wonderful heart. I hope you're doing well at your job.
    Bazarov - you really need a new avatar. You're such a young man, but that avy makes you seem older than me, and that's old.
    Sweets, thanks for the pup. We both know that nothing loves life like a puppy. Happy birthday to you too.
    Nick Adams, hey we've got to read some Hemingway together. I'm finishing up The Old Man and the Sea and loving it.
    Jihad Joe - one word: gelatinous. Nice to know you guy.
    Janine, my special friend. Thank you for all those gifts. I'm so happy to have met someone who loves D.H. Lawrence, and you've turned out to be a great friend, even besides that.
    Psych, are you kidding, a $50 gift card from Barnes and Noble would never go to waste. That's worth more than $50 because it will get me to go straight to the book store for an enjoyable walk about and deciding what to buy with it. Oh the pleasure of a book store.

Thank you all my dear friends.

Last edited by Virgil; 12-16-2007 at 11:33 PM.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Somewhere following my genetic imperative playing Chutes and Ladders with Time.
    Blog Entries
    Aw, Virgil, you're so nice and gentleman-like. But "nice" is too...blah of an adjective. You're...supercalifragilisticexpialiwacky!!!! Thanks.
    Last edited by Lily Adams; 12-17-2007 at 12:28 AM.

Tomorrow always holds the promise of something new and exciting. I am the Jetsons meet the Flintstones.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Why how can I thank you all. Your affection means so much to me. Let's try to thank you individually.

... [long list of individual thank-yous]

Thank you all my dear friends.
    That was extremely impressive (and very thoughtful)!
    Optima dies ... prima fugit

Blog Entries
    Manny, contratulations and happy birthday on another great year! May you be happy this next year and achieve everything you want to achieve!!
    Nik
    You're 46, right?

Blog Entries
    That was the nicest, most heart-felt and thoughful 'thank you' I have ever experienced! You are very special, Virgil.... a true gentleman and a good friend to everyone.
    "It's so mysterious, the land of tears."

Chapter 7, The Little Prince ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Blog Entries
    Oh Virgil, I missed your birthday and I'm really sorry. I hope it was grand. Ah, I remember 46...let's see...I think I was 46 about 3 times.
    I didn't realize you are a Rolling Stones fan. Me too.
    I hope your birthday was wonderful.
    "All we are saying is give PEACE a chance." Beatles[/SIZE]
    Granny5's Blog
    http://www.online-literature.com/for...p?userid=35805

Blog Entries
    Sorry I'm late...happy bday Virgil
    I'm the patron saint of the denial,
    With an angel face and a taste for suicidal.

Very nice, Virgil!
    At thunder and tempest, At the world's coldheartedness,
    During times of heavy loss And when you're sad
    The greatest art on earth Is to seem uncomplicatedly gay.

To get things clear, they have to firstly be very unclear. But if you get them too quickly, you probably got them wrong.
    If you need me urgent, send me a PM

The Word is Serendipitous Lote-Tree's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Happy Birthday Tweed Man!!!
    I sent my Soul through the Invisible,
    Some letter of that After-life to spell:
    And by and by my Soul return'd to me,
    And answer'd "I Myself am Heav'n and Hell :"

Blog: Rubaiyats of Lote-Tree and Poetry and Tales

still waiting to be found amanda_isabel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    happy birthday virgil!!
    ...don't need therapy to rehabilitate my smile...

http://profiles.friendster.com/6239700

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast