Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: How Did You Choose Your Username?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandini
    Gumph! Bloody hell Psyche, I was not expecting that!
    What were you expecting? I'm certainly no Kate Moss...
    "This has been my difficulty. The difficulty with my life. Those well-built trig points, those physical determinants of parents, background, school, family, birth, marriage, death, love, work, are themselves as much in motion as I am. What should be stable, shifts. What I am told is solid, slips. The sensible strong ordinary world of fixity is folklore. The earth is not flat. Geometry cedes to Algebra. The Greeks were wrong."
    ~-Jeanette Winterson

Clothes?? All very attractive - all the more so for being literary; but I didn't see a Psyche.

Clothes?? All very attractive - all the more so for being literary; but I didn't see a Psyche.
    With no intention of advertising, Psyche (dearest), you will see under the tab 'girls solo.'

yes, that's me, your friendly Moderator 💚 Logos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've edited out the URL of that site you mentioned Psyche as it has `Adult' content and that is not appropriate for this site.

Please remember folks that the Literature Network site is for people of _all_ ages, and the content needs to reflect that.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyche
    I was asked to pick a model alias for the site I am on.
    I picked my favorite lady of Greek mythology.
    Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    📚 📚 📒 📓 📙 📘 📖 ✍🏻 📔 📒 📗 📒 📕 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚

I call myself *Veritas* -

since I always believed that the "Veritas - the Truth" is the most valuable asset
    in my own life - "my vita". (my life and the truth within myself). I know that each and everyone of us is seeking their own truth in life .And one's interpretation of the truth is not the belief of another.
    I have raised a lot of eyebrows in the past for choosing this name for myself, but I feel absolutely comfortable and content and not ashamed to use it.,to identify myself with it.
    Also - my friends call me "Vita", because I am so full of life - lol - as well as it is a "short" of my real life name.
    This is the whole story behind my nickname "Veritas" :-)

I call myself *Veritas* -

We got that , welcome
    I have a plan: attack!

Mono or Psyche - that site address disappeared from the post - and now I'm curious! I guess it was censored - can you send it me privately?

S'ok - I found it through google. Great photos, nice tatoo - and I have now seen the tie dress!

My name is a really old nickname, which i've had for ages.
    Poehee is the expression of tommy from sesame street. (at least in Holland). tommy (thomas) is my christian name, so there's the link.
    "If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic"

I stole my screen name from my sister. Like me, our parents gave us three Christian names, but I like hers better and as no one ever calls her by this name and I love it, I stole it, though she knows that I use it. I just looked up the meaning of it in my dictionary and it says 'to be admired or wondered at.' I wonder if my sis knows this... I thought it had something to do with Mir and moon.

Miranda

Banned
    Blog Entries
    S'ok - I found it through google. Great photos, nice tatoo - and I have now seen the tie dress!

What's the URL?

I saw a word that got me interested... a tattoo?

Well, quite obviously my screenname comes from the english word faith (meaning about the same as belief, which everybody here ofcourse knows). And I think thats a beautiful meaning, and the word itself is beautiful too. But Faith is also my favorite female name. I would like to be called Faith (expect here in Finland no one could pronaunce it, they pronaunse it like the english word fight...).

I dare to disagree, there is at least one person in Finnland who can pronounce it... yourself (well, wildly guessing here )

You'll have to PM Psyche - I don't want to get smacked wrists for giving out a 'naughty' web address! I note you like Jeannete Winterton, Jay; a favourite of the girls (women?wimmin? don't want to get onto a PC battleground here - though the models seem very post-feminist feminist; I don't think Andrea would have approved!) on the site. Can't think why. have you seen the BBC adaptation of 'Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit'? Excellent drama.

Nope, unfortunately I haven't seen the BBC adaptation. I kinda doubt I'd be able to get hold of it here either.
    I know only about two other 'fans' of hers from this site, Psyche and mono. Why do you think she'd be a favourite of the girls? (I do have an idea, just want to know if our views are the same).
    Funny thing, I was a bit curious and tried to look for Jeanette Winterson's books in two bookshops in Brno, as far I haven't seen any and when I asked if they ever had any, both the booksellers seemed to be hearing about her for the first time, but then maybe they were there just for a short time. I was pleasantly surprised to see the faculty library seems to have all of her work aside of the comic one.

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast