Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you manage your stressful moments?

How do you manage your stressful moments?

When I feel down I start moving out and walk and walk. I love walking and I feel by walking I can keep my self cool and the stress level will go down.

And if still stress continues I start meditation and meditation. Very deep meditation, that is, when you completely empty yourself then you will kind of keep your self alright after a while.

I know some people indulge in drinking and others travel.

I am curious how do you do it?

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I normally just take some time for me. Most often I'll cook, read, or write all while listening to a favorite album. Sometimes I fight. I miss martial arts because that was my outlet for the agression that seems to come when I stress. Nothing cures a bad week like going up on a Friday night, strapping on some padding, and fighting for an hour or two. I'll still practice my skills when things get tough. I did Karate, but Tai Chi is great for stress relief as well.

Blog Entries
    When I am stressed, I walk in the field behind my house. I prayer, read, try to meditate, and even cry. I have an animal that helps to be soothing, but I mainly try to work the stress out myself. I'm not big into sharing with others. Overall, I try to live a stress free life as much as possible. Such reactions as drinking usually makes stress worse, so I'd suggest people avoid that reaction.

If grace is an ocean... grace86's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I pray. Usually my prayers end up in frustrated tears but then there's usually a peace that comes in letting it out to God. Also, I've taken to running on the treadmill when I cannot get the stress or thoughts to go away...usually I pray at the same time I do that.
    "So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss, and my heart turns violently inside of my chest, I don't have time to maintain these regrets, when I think about, the way....He loves us..."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5xXowT4eJjY

Blog Entries
    I head out to the barn and sit in the field with the horses and a good book. Nothing relieves a bit of stress and tension like having my boy come over and graze within a foot of me.
    Naked except for a cigarette, you let your mind drift and forget your disbelief. Feel the chill down your back and the flutter of wings through dandelion fields, and forget the pull of gravity in a night without stars.

I lack eloquence and commitment to my arguments. They are half baked, and I will begin passionately, and then abandon them.

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    By quickly finding someone to pass my stress onto...
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scheherazade View Post
    By quickly finding someone to pass my stress onto...
    Maybe I should try that tactic. I'm normally on the recieving end

Blog Entries
    Running.

booze

Ok, I'm kidding. Sort of, I do like to go out for drinks every once in a while but if I'm at work I generally go for a walk in back of the plant.
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

I'm usually stressed in school (cramming, hopping from one building to another, etc) and it doesn't hurt to sit beside a tree on a clear blue day and watch the surroundings. (Fortunately, we have lots of trees in the university.) On rainy days, I take a seat near the window and just stare at the gray skies for hours on end. I read or listen to music when at home.
    Vanitas vanitatum, dixit Ecclesiastes, vanitas vanitatum, et omnia vanitas.

Yo sé quién soy, y sé que puedo ser no sólo los que he dicho. - Don Quixote

I go like this and then I eat some chocolate. I don't think it's unhealthy to freak occasionally. Bottling it up is worse I think.
    "Books don't offer real escape but they can stop a mind scratching itself raw." David Mitchell

Blog Entries
    I just take a deep breath and try to find myself something to do, I should start taking walks or something like that. I often just push it down and try to forget about it, that may not be the best idea...
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

My pet a grey cat helps me most of the times, he feels when I need his presence. Another anti-stress is talking to my best friend, she always makes me laugh. When I am away from home and can't talk to my friend or stroke my cat, I swim or draw something I really like.

Suzerain of Cost&Caution SleepyWitch's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I normally do either or all of the following:
    - run away and scream
    - flap my arms
    - tell everyone how stressed I am
    - swim
    - jog
    - smoke
    - smash things
    - meditate

Blog Entries
    i get a book and lock myself into my room, where i usually curl up and end up crying where no one sees me...or i bother someone with my problems....only when i'm so mad because i'm stressed.
    Find your dream and stick with it...or your life will have slipped past in a whisper with you still on the bottom.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast