Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to describe a romantic person

Quote Originally Posted by Revolte View Post
    Because a failed romantic knows when to give up. A full throttled romantic will watch over them as a ghost, when the time comes.
    about the failed romantic how does one know one has failed romantically?
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aliengirl View Post
    I know a guy who is highly romantic and is a devoted worshiper of Keats. He often remarks that he doesn't care if he dies at the age of 25. He is 22 now. I can not tell by his looks that he is a romantic but it is so apparent in his talks.
    Your friend and I have much in common, except for the fact that I'm 23. Hahaha. Your friend is cool and interesting and I can tell this just from what you wrote here. He indeed is a true romantic. Its hard to encompass with words just exactly what the nebulous word "romantic" means. But someone who worships Keats and spurns life itself in the attitude of your friend is for sure a true romantic and I therefore tip my hat to him.

And to Cacian: You know you've failed romantically when the person you love tells you to leave them alone and then ceases communication. Those two things are like atom bombs and when combined they entirely incinerate the great alter you've erected in your own mind as a testament to your love for that person. You need both. If both are not said/present there is room for hope. But if you get both you know its over. Its over for good. That person, even if they love you still, does not want to see you and this fact puts between you and them, regardless of actual geographical distance, a psychological barrier which seems and in fact IS far vaster than continents. Your love becomes ash. You have become mere ash to that person. You've become a ghost to them. When this happens I take ridiculously extreme measures to avoid the other person. Its a tough way to live I tell you. My friends don't care at all about bumping into former romantic partners but for me its like getting punched in the gut by a champion heavyweight boxer. Actually its worse than that. Its like being set on fire while 50 chickens peck at you. I fall through the floor of the earth and find myself in some dark abyss which has neither up nor down, neither left nor right. It puts me in a kind of hell.

Anyway.
    Last edited by Darcy88; 07-11-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cacian View Post
    about the failed romantic how does one know one has failed romantically?
    I think that a passionate romance doesn't end with being neglected by the one who is being romanced. Rather (unless it's a completely pre-thought and forced romance) the one handing out the romantic gestures would continue to do so until they either stop having the feelings towards the person, or they die.

So if the romancer gives it a whirl and gets turned down, then gives up and heads on the next one, it would be a failed effort due to lack of the relentlessness that is associated with romance. If this was continued throughout the persons future then he or she would be a failed romantic.

I tend to associate romance with passion. And a short lived passion is hardly worth considering passion at all.

Of course that's just my way of thinking and I wouldn't be surprised if the masses disagreed.
    "We are animals with problems that no other animal has." - Radam J. Starkiller

Blog Entries
    I think romance has to involve friendship and understanding. Interest in the other person's life and maximizing on that. I love receiving original poetry from my friend. Without a doubt it is one of the most touching romantic things he can do because it speaks to me in so many ways. And no matter what happens between us, it will always be a treasured keepsake.
    Before sunlight can shine through a window, the blinds must be raised - American Proverb

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cacian View Post
    can you tell a romantic person when you see one?

and
    is there a word an opposite of ''romantic'' person?

non-romantic sounds rather heavy on the lip so there has got to be another word for it.
    I don't think you can. Not on sight.

The opposite of romantic is aromantic
    Shall these bones live?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakiryu View Post
    I don't think you can. Not on sight.
    Oh and here I am thinking it is a whole look not just a personality trait.

The opposite of romantic is aromantic
    I nearly misread that as aromatic haha Never heard of it until now thanks for that!!
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Quote Originally Posted by Revolte View Post
    I think that a passionate romance doesn't end with being neglected by the one who is being romanced. Rather (unless it's a completely pre-thought and forced romance) the one handing out the romantic gestures would continue to do so until they either stop having the feelings towards the person, or they die.

So if the romancer gives it a whirl and gets turned down, then gives up and heads on the next one, it would be a failed effort due to lack of the relentlessness that is associated with romance. If this was continued throughout the persons future then he or she would be a failed romantic.

I tend to associate romance with passion. And a short lived passion is hardly worth considering passion at all.

Of course that's just my way of thinking and I wouldn't be surprised if the masses disagreed.
    I guess I am one those who do not quite feel comfortable around romantics then.
    I am in very direct and like to speak my mind and get on with things.
    I suppose if a girl is not romantic stuff then the relationship is not likely to flourish.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12