Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: Hello again

Blog Entries

Hello again

Hi everyone, long time no see. I moved to Vancouver two years ago and finally escaped my extremely boring town, so I haven't been internet-socializing much in the last few years. I just remembered about litnet today, and thought I'd stop by and see how things were. Hello.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Blog Entries
    Welcome back, JuniperWoolf!

Juniper! Great to see you again! Hope you're doing well.
    You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    A blast from the past! Hope you have been keeping well.
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Blog Entries
    I've been good. My world is a lot bigger (and warmer) than it was when I was in Alberta. How have things been around the forum?
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Blog Entries
    Hey I haven't been on the forum very often lately either but it's nice to see familiar faces.
    "If the national mental illness of the United States is megalomania, that of Canada is paranoid schizophrenia."
    - Margaret Atwood

Drafty.

J

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Hearts View Post
    Drafty.
    Haven't fixed the ventilation after 6 years? Typical.
    -Pi

Blog Entries
    It's great to hear from you again, life never stands still. (Though it's fairly steady on here.)
    ay up

Well I suppose I should jump in and say hello, JuniperWoolf, as we don't know each other but are bound to trip over one another's ankles, elbows and assorted ganglia. So hello, how are you. I'll be in the back installing new apps.
    Obsessed with facial symmetry.

Clinging to Douvres rocks Gilliatt Gurgle's Avatar
    Welcome back, nice to see old timers on hiatus pop in now and then.
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life" - Mongo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by prendrelemick View Post
    It's great to hear from you again, life never stands still. (Though it's fairly steady on here.)
    That's actually a very comforting thought. ^_^

Hi everyone, I was really happy to see that this place is still active and there are still a lot of posters from... wow, almost 10 years since I joined. Glad to see everyone!
    -Pi

Blog Entries
    Good to see you again Juniper! I have also taken a break or two since I joined, and it is nice to come back and see friendly avatars and see that some things don't change that much.
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

Hi JW!
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda