Thread: Pig = Humans

Mark From Puerto Rico

Pig = Humans

I Think its about only one thing how ugly us humans are. In the whole story we hate that terrible Napolean but in the end all the pig simbolized was us humans, the most ugly and horrible thing on this planet, And most importantly that we will never change.

I guess so, becoz we are mostly affected by the media and being introduced by all this ****. I guess advancement can be a good thing but it's bad when its something like genetic engineering

bad with words
    i receved the impression from orwells introductions and what not that the pig was nothing spasific it was mearly an intelegent animal that turned into humans becouse they where now the opressors and where so in a was no diffrent to the humans

I don't think that humans are the most horrible and ugly thing on this planet but it's true that we have done some pretty horrible things. I also don't think we can't change. Once everyone knows what's going on, people will be willing to change. It might take awhile, but we will. We arn't as ignorant as you think.

I rather agree with classOf06. I think that this novel was just a warning to show what could happen, not what is. In this way it is like 1985 in that it is showing us what we have the oppertunity to become, and why we should not take that path. however, I truely do not comprehend why Orwell chose pigs. They are not even smart. I think that they should have been something closer to the sacrificial animals in the story, rather than the leaders of it. I mean these are an animal whos soe purpose for living is for meat, and theyhave no true use.
    In a way I see that this could be correct, because what use do humans really have? but also we do create and all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by imaditzyreader
    however, I truely do not comprehend why Orwell chose pigs.
    A pig can be a symbol of greed. So Pig=Greed=Human

I dont think the pigs represent all humans, napoleon represents stalin, major represented henry marx and snowball represented wussian idealist but i have forgotten his name. In my view i feel that the animals represent the working class(the pigs the more intellectual of the working class) and the humans represent burgeousie, but thats just my oppinion. I would suggest reading the communist manifesto before reading animal farm it gives you a better idea of what is going on, becaus ethe book is a parallel to communism in russia

On the facet of human nature, it is only those that do not think that humans cannot change that are too ignorant to change.

pigs were representing those who were on power and took over western (humans in book) manners. all other animals were also humans

I think the pigs were just a mere representation of the oppressers and they did not really meant to become humans in the end of the book.

i think this book also showed we have to stick up for our selves if someone is doing something we dont like we have to do something about it before it gets out of control....... the animals could have stopped Napoleon before the dogs got involved. Just like russia could have done before Stalin got to much power.

lots of love
    hope

The animal spiecies(in my opinion) is only an indicator of the class of the represented person. While I have had many conversations regarding the end phrase of "pig to man, man to pig...ect" I think that it was only there to show the disapointment in the working class that witnessed stalin make allignments with hitler, who the soviet union had opposed in the past. {edit} So it wasn't as much that it was man being a pig but more of just watching your leader who you trust join sides with a man you hate. Andjust to bring it up, the ace of spades in the end that caused the fight, who do you think was cheating? man or pig? does this mean that the pig has become more dasteredly than man himself or that in desperation man is willing to defy moral belief to trump his riseing rival?
    Last edited by Scheherazade; 05-30-2007 at 11:19 AM. Reason: current politics