Page 947 of 982 FirstFirst ... 447847897937942943944945946947948949950951952957 ... LastLast
Results 14,191 to 14,205 of 14717

Thread: Would You??

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    Yes, absolutely, especially if he #%^ @#$%^%^ cuz #$##^&! @*#, and that's what I really think.

If you saw an adult man being bullied by another adult man, would you intervene - at least verbally?

Blog Entries
    Probably not

Two women are in a physical fight, would you stand there and watch or try and break it up?

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Banned
    Blog Entries
    No straight man will answer that honestly...

Would you judge an offensive comment by a friend differently than one from someone you didn't like, and, if so, why?

Blog Entries
    That is a tough one, I would be more forgiving of a friend than someone I didn't like but I don't think I would judge the comment differently. I call my friends out if I think they say something offensive.

You are in public and you see someone hit thier own kid, would you say something to them or just mind your own business?

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Blog Entries
    Say something, then do something - I do not stand for that for my own reasons. Even if they are black caribbean (which they usually are in the caribbean) and the argument (always) uncomfortably escalates to colour - I still charge in and don't back down.

same question.

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Say something if it's anything besides a swat on the pants

Question continues
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Say something if it's anything besides a swat on the pants

Question continues
    Sorry, could you just clarify?

I would say something but, sadly, that might create more anger taken out on the child later if that parent has an anger disorder like ODD or IED. You just never know. A "hit" is worthy of a call for child protective services or 911.

Would you say something to a person you saw stealing in a store?
    Live in the sunshine. Swim in the sea. Drink the wild air ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    Possibly. When the clerks are right there and see what I see, then no. Some stores are bad around Christmas to have guards push buggies and pretend to shop while really watching customers. I saw one guy go through the DVD department and put DVDs in his cart without looking at them. In about five minutes, another man came and put them back. The first guy came back and picked up more DVD's taking his time this time. During all of this, a woman dropped several DVDs into her purse. They didn't see it because they were harassing me, looking over my shoulder as I searched for a TV series' latest release. So I didn't say one word. However, I have reported people that shoplifted out of sight of the clerks. Often they do nothing about it. Once in a gas station, the clerk went back and viewed the security tapes. She said I was right but didn't call the law. She stated that she was used to that person stealing and had a lot of tapes to prove it but her boss said to leave her alone...

Would you risk your life for someone you do not know, if they were in mortal danger?
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie

Closed
    Sure. Would you do the same for a known enemy?

Blog Entries
    Sure

Would you work with the peace corp for a year at your current compensation? (whether it be job, self employed)

Closed
    No one could choose to do that, Tony. The Peace Cops doesn't pay anything except a nominal stipend (enough to buy food and clothes--barely). But given that, yes, been there, loved it.

Would you travel to a foreign country if you didn't have a visa, but the border were vague (with no checkpoints you knew of) and you were not planning on spending the night?
    Last edited by Pompey Bum; 05-15-2015 at 02:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    Perhaps long enough to take a picture proving I was there!

Could you be persuaded to drop your life and move to a foreign locale for a job promotion?
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie

Closed
    Only if there were some kind of a cushion under my life when I dropped it. (Serious answer: Heck yes, I did it just for laughs).

Would you "charm" a cobra in a basket--you know, with one of those flute things--if you had been assured by the regular snake charmer that its tail was attached to the bottom of the basket, leaving it out of striking range (which is how they do it)? Oh and your motive is, um, to make 100 dollars on a bet.

Blog Entries
    Never trust a poisonous snake, and make the call about its antecedents yourself.

Would you catch a snake in the wild, assuming you can tell the difference between poisonous and non-poisonous snakes in your geographic area?
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie