Page 1379 of 1381 FirstFirst ... 37987912791329136913741375137613771378137913801381 LastLast
Results 20,671 to 20,685 of 20707

Thread: Game: Ask the Person Below You

Telempath, by Spider Robinson.

It gave me some insights into human interactions that I hadn't yet encountered IRL.

Dynamo or couch potato?

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    Dynamo.

Independent films or big box video game movies?

Blog Entries
    I average going to the movies maybe twice a year... generally big box video game movies... "Dumbledore... " will be the first this year.

Do you plan on buying/leasing an electric car ?
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

I thought the last of the magical beasts movies was the best, and I would watch it again except for that im so soft hearted I cant watch the bad guy kill that little baby deer like fellow again.

no way on an ev, for all sorts of reasons.

what character from any of the fiction books you've read would you enjoy meeting most?

Blog Entries
    I loved the first Magical Beasts movie

Hmm... any character: Jean Valjean

Who is your favorite cartoon character ?
    Last edited by tailor STATELY; 12-20-2022 at 03:41 AM. Reason: forgot question
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

I thought the best thing about the first one was the introduction to the new universe so to speak but one criticism I had (I have a few) is that it felt too far from the harry potter world. that was one of the strengths of the last movie. although im not so sure I like jude law as a young Dumbledore.

ah so now I have to read les mis!

hmmm, there is a good chance its bugs bunny.

if you about to have a hot dog (even though im a vegetarian) and you could only put one topping on it, which topping would it be?

Blog Entries
    I like to keep it simple and just go for ketchup on my dog

What would be your ideal picnic (location, food etc..)?

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Blog Entries
    On the beach North of Santa Cruz, California (Waddell Creek)... Cold fried chicken, sparkling apple juice, mandarins, chicken salad, baguettes; circa 1981

You're allowed to terraform one planet in our solar system (other than Earth) and live there... which planet would it be ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

dark muse have you seen the abbott and Costello schtick about mustard on the hot dog?

secluded for sure. no other people or signs of civilization. mountainous geography, and either at some height with a grand view, or in some valley alongside a lake or quiet river. either way such that it takes some effort of hiking to get there and the food and the rest is a sort of reward. height of summer and with the temperature for t-shirt and shorts.

simple sandwiches like peanut butter and jelly, or cheese. if pbj then some extra cheese on the side. normally id say watermelon but too difficult to keep cold over the distance I imagine, so lets go maybe with some oranges or peaches. grape juice would be a treat to drink, but odd as it sounds, I love tomato juice, so maybe that. if that's too weird for my picnic date, then we could each have our favorite snapples.

which books, if any, have you started but not finished and why not?

oh heck tailor, you snuck in there while I was thinking and typing...

well lets see, how does terraforming deal with the heat or cold and whacky differences in gravity on all the other planets?

mars because im a guy? venus if I want to meet women?

which books, if any, have you started but not finished and why not?

I rarely do this, If I start a book, I trudge through to the bitter end.

But a friend lent me the dice man by Luke Rhinehart and the first few pages awoke in me such a sense of stomach churning foreboding that I was able to put it down without feeling I was failing the author.

Currently reading Bernice Bobs Her Hair, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and between the first few stories and The Crack-up, which I did finish, I feel I will be able to let that go too. F. Scott Fitzgerald strikes me as a bit of an arsehole.

There seem to be a few advantages in getting old and irascible. You don't have to waste time on lost causes.

Qn. City or country dweller, and why?

Blog Entries
    "F. Scott Fitzgerald strikes me as a bit of an arsehole." Lol !

They say the grass is always greener on the other side, and so I'm torn. Moved to the country to be with family, but I miss the advantages of the city and its plethora of choices and comforts, etc.... prolly since I'm aging, lol. Ideally I'd like both.

You are given the opportunity to live in any city you desire, other than your own, which city is it ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    London or a more or less small town in Germany, with beautiful houses and nature too.

What would you do if you suddenly received an very big amount of money?
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

I have thought about this at some length.

Invest it with some ethical investment company. Live off the interest. Use the annual excess (which should be substantial,, I live off the smell of an oily rag ATM) to plug chinks in social needs that gov't doesn't get around to.

Do you volunteer? Where and why?

I used to volunteer...a few memorable ones come to mind, sunday school teacher, soup kitchen, Ronald McDonald house, and at a library doing literacy.

the "why" for any of them was simply a desire to help the less fortunate. "there but the grace of god go I" is a good sentiment to live by.

I haven't in quite awhile though. the older I get, the more people shy I become. its from all the years of too many places saying "get out."

maybe its something i'll pick up again. I live near nature center land...I can imagine doing some trail maintenance.

at the moment, though I could be doing lots better of a job of it, I write letters to inmates.

if you at a meal and are served something you know you are going to have a really difficult time eating, or that somehow offends your moral/religious sensibilities, what do you do?