Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: major malfunction

I had to literally delete Tetris from our computer, like my own private little intervention/detox treatment. Then it was Lines, which I'm still not quite over. I see this forum gradually taking its place...eep! Don't worry, I won't go cold turkey on you guys, even if I get get to itching. Besides, my college (love saying that -- "my college") is infamous for the dump-truck loads of reading they heap on you, so I won't even have time to be as addicted as I already am.
    If you had to live with this you'd rather lie than fall.
    You think I can't fly? Well, you just watch me!

~The Dresden Dolls

If I am just sitting somewhere and do not have a book to read I will literally start reading anything (shampoo bottles, backs of cereal boxes, writing on desks, etc..).
    lol I do that as well; it's very weird.

Ppl have been very open on this thread. I don't really have any major dysfunctions. I did get a little addicted to forums when I first started but have curbed it back now and I'm pretty neat although not obsessively so.

Originally posted by IWilKikU
    *gives Koa sympathy* . Don't worry Koa, were together ALLLLL the time now , so it makes up for it.
    great ... that doesnt help ME, but i should get used to that... i just can't have a normal life.
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

Originally posted by dhm
    lol I do that as well; it's very weird.

Ppl have been very open on this thread. I don't really have any major dysfunctions. I did get a little addicted to forums when I first started but have curbed it back now and I'm pretty neat although not obsessively so.
    I am sooo addicted I sometimes want to see a doctor...

Oh I also read everything I find, especially bottles and ingredients on packets...ingredients in all languages
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

LOL me too Koa. I read the English directions on shampoo or something and then read the ones in French and Spanish. Sometimes there are others, depending on where they were made. I know how to say "CAUTION" in like 5 languages...unfortunately they're all pretty much the same.

~The Dresden Dolls

I got obsessed with EverQuest. It was really bad. First, it was just my husband. He would play it and talk to his friend on the phone, who was also playing. Then I started watching. Then he set up my own account. It was so addiciting. We could sit there and play it the entire weekend, with little to no sleep. Someweeks, my husband would take an entire weeks vacation just so we could keep playing. This was throughout the entire summer. Then when school started, I shut it off. He didn't. Over the winter break I played a little more. And over the next semester I played, because my semester was very light (due to being pregnant, I didn't take many classes, non that were strenuous). Once the baby was born I could no longer afford the time to play the game so I stopped. He continued for a few months and then got bored with it. He is now looking forward to World of Warcraft to come out.
    I have no games that I play continuously as of the moment. Just forums.

Right in the happy button IWilKikU's Avatar
    Waynesboro, Virginia. The beautiful Shenandoah Valley
    I know people that had to drop out of college because of thier EQ addictions.
    ...Also baby duck hat would be good for parties.

an innate contradiction verybaddmom's Avatar
    uhoh...what is this EQ game? i have never heard of it....
    maybe, dont tell me, for my own good...
    no. tell me
    Then we sat on the edge of the earth, with our feet dangling over the side, and marvelled that we had found each other.

Well badmom, everyone simply MUST know EQ, so:

EverQuest was the first MMO-RPG (massively multiplayer online role playing game). It was the first game to exist solely on a multiplayer basis. The world was HUGE and allowed for years worth of time to explore, conquer, ect... Everyone in EQ exists in realtime and everyone is interactable. Its like a real world inside the computer. The economy in EQ is in the top 50 economies in the world. It beats most REAL countries. There are people who make careers out of selling thier EQ items on ebay. All in all, its rediculously big, addictivtive, fun, realistic, ect... It spawned a plethora of imitaters and made MMOs into a genre rather than a single phenomanon. There are now like 6 continents to explore, over 1,000,000 living characters playing that you can interact with, its just unreal. Dont go near it or it will suck you in.

Blog Entries
    that sounds awful; what about the real world? do they have books there to water, or plants to read, or hair to chat with, friends to brush, or anything normal like out here???? how scary.
    shh!!!
    the air and water have been here a long time, and they are telling stories.

LOL
    i had to read that a couple of times to actually get it...hehe. very clever!

you know, i was thinking about what you said, though, and i realized that i havent owned a hairbrush in six years..not even a comb. in fact, one time, when i was cutting my son's hair i actually had to try and create one using a plastic fork. i dont know what this is all about, but good thing im already in the malfunction thread....
    Then we sat on the edge of the earth, with our feet dangling over the side, and marvelled that we had found each other.

Blog Entries
    aren't you lucky vbm! some of us can't do without the things - look like we just woke up without 'em.
    shh!!!

Blog Entries
    "Oh Aunty Eeeem," called Dorothy, roflhao.

all right so the lysol ruined my bran cells and my brain. tee hee hee hee. malfuncshun!!!
    shh!!!

Blog Entries
    *let me know if i offend you em, i will stop statim.
    shh!!!

ps. did you ever see my hair??
    lol

Blog Entries
    it's so pretty!!! ahhhhhh...
    shh!!!

Originally posted by amuse
    *let me know if i offend you em, i will stop statim.
    LOL no offense taken. It's impossible to offend me, I swear to god.

Okay I know I overanalyze, and this really doesn't matter, but I'm gonna type it anyway because.... anyway: I just took pause looking at that "swear to god," realizing what a bizarre expression it is for me to use (as I happen to do so constantly). Maybe it's just a regional one... or I just don't notice, seeing as it's usually tacked on the end at lightning speed. (If you've been up to the extreme northeast, you know how people talk -- especially young people: -- bunchofwords...pause...anotherbunchofwords...pause ..."S'trueIsweart'god.") Anyway, I just realized the point to posting this: There have been a lot of times here where I've stopped and looked at a phrase in a different way because I've never seen it written out before, or never wrote it out myself. This forum is an interesting opportunity to put into type what is ordinarily relegated to verbal conversation. Have any of you had similar experiences here? Has it caused you to stop using a specific phrase, or to think about something you hear or say in a different light? Or are there other ways your experiences here have affected your "real" life?

[edit:] P.S. VBM, how do you survive without a brush? Granted, not everyone's hair is as long as mine, but even an hour or two after I brush it it's all coiled around itself in strands again. Although I do have a friend whose hair, when it was only like shoulder-length, he could just put his head down, toss it back, run his fingers through it, and it looked gorgeous again. Grr....so, do you have very short hair or did you make some type of deal with the devil?
    Last edited by emily655321; 04-26-2004 at 11:16 AM.

~The Dresden Dolls

Two guys on a bus in the North East:

I could-int buleve it, I musta had fwahty Beeahs, I sweartogod fwahty Beeahs. I had horns out to heeah. The cops, they pulled me ohvah. I booted right theyah in the cop cruisah. I could-int buleve it, Fwahty Beeahs!

Of course we our own colloquial crosses to bear down south.
    Uhhhh...

*Dies laughing* *is resurrected* *promptly dies again* whoop...thanks there, God.

LMAO more like two guys on the Green Line in Southy. Fortunately, I don't bear that particular cross, and most people under 35 here don't, but I've heard some pretty lousy "Hahvahd Yahd"-type impressions, and Sancho that was stellar. Spot on. *lying on carpet beating the floor* Oh God, that's great.

*Reads it a few hundred more times*
    Last edited by emily655321; 04-26-2004 at 03:56 PM.

~The Dresden Dolls

I heard a stand up comic once say that all the 'R's get sucked out of New England and swirl around in the atmosphere, and rain down in the south where people put thier clothes in the warshing machine.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast